Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: High Def Hand Held Video Cameras - Help !!
Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: August 31, 2007 23:07

Need to buy a HD video camera very soon and am seriously looking at the SONY hand Held that goes for a little over $1,000 - [www.circuitcity.com] . I don't know the model # except there's a 7 at the end. It's silver and records on Dual Layer Sony DVD - R's and mini DVD's in HD and SD. Has image stabilizer, 10 x zoom (20x digital zoom), Carl Zeiss Lens, 5.1 built in microphone,etc. Anybody give a thumbs up or down on this one. I hear Canon and JVC are also very good ones. Would appreciate any advice, thanks, Helter

PS. If you know a lot about these things what's the word on the ones with built in Hard Drives and the mini recording tapes?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-08-31 23:10 by HelterSkelter.

Re: OT: High Def Hand Held Video Cameras - Help !!
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 1, 2007 00:27

cnet.com is good for reviews of new gedgets.

Check out their reviews of various HD camcorders:

[reviews.cnet.com]

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 1, 2007 00:35

You may have meant the HDR-UX7, which is not on the list of top picks, I don't think:

[reviews.cnet.com]

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: September 1, 2007 00:55

Yes Schillid, I believe that's it. The silver one takes the DVD - R's and the black one is a built in hard drive (which I read fills up pretty fast) I'll check out these sites, Thanks for the help - gotta get it TONIGHT !! Don't like to fast shop (then regret later).....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1721
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home