Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

O.T. 2 years Katrina hit New Orleans LA yesterday
Posted by: drummer_dude ()
Date: August 30, 2007 20:24

Yes it was 2 years yesterday that Katrina hit New Orleans and surrounding areas with all the destruction. Seems now they are coming back but still very very slowly. It will take years to get everything back like it was. I hope we never see a storm of that strength again. But September is coming soon and that the peak month of the hurricane season, it is not officially over till end of November.

Re: O.T. 2 years Katrina hit New Orleans LA yesterday
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: August 31, 2007 04:53

Say a prayer for the 1800 or so that died in the floodwaters.

There is a section in the local newspaper here in N.O. that reports on signs of recovery such as a new restaurant opening, or a public facility re-opening, etc. Seems like every day they have something to report.

One thing I would like to see reported is the announcement of a Stones show in N.O. Someone please let Mick know we have a refurbished arena and several five-star hotels here!

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: August 31, 2007 05:08

Yes, Prayers to the victims of New Orleans and surroundings, I hope they don't get struck again.
don't forget the people in Greece.
60 died in horrific fires this week
[tagesschau.sf.tv]

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: August 31, 2007 05:12

Yes, I was watching the fires in Greece on the news here. Were the Olympic or other historical sites damaged?

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: August 31, 2007 05:15

It's hard to believe it has been two years since Katrina. Luckily it seems that this year the hurrican season will be very mild down there.

Three years ago Ivan hit on the Labor Day Weekend and two years ago Katrina. So far so good this year.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 31, 2007 05:19

I hope New Orleans continues to recover. Hopefully at a slightly faster pace. Edith Grove,if the Stones play NO next year. You can count on me spending some serious tourist dollars down there.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1793
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home