Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Elmo's review of "Satisfaction", a Stones tribute band
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: August 25, 2007 20:20

Saw "Satisfaction" last night and was pleasantly surprised. I had seen a pretty good bunch on imitators (Stoneshow with Mike Carey) about 20 years ago, but these guys were better.

"Mick" had the look, voice, and moves down tight. None of the others looked like the real thing except "Bill" (circa 1973). Long hair parted to one side. He even held his bass upright as he played.

Setlist was warhorse heavy of course, but a few nice surprises - Respectable, Live With Me, 19th, etc.

The music was VERY tight. "Ronnie" could handle the licks of Ronnie, Brian, and, yes, even the great Mickey T.

They were also very cordial with the crowd - pictures, bullshitting with the crowd, etc. "Ronnie" was especially nice to my youngest son (age 12) - even offering to let him play with the band. When has that happened at a real Stones gig?

Lots of pretty ladies there and they were really getting into it! Playing in one of these tribute bands might have some nice fringe benefits to it.

Highly recommended if they come to your town.

Pictures soon.

Here a link if you're interested. Check out the audio medley.

[www.rollingstoneshow.com]

"No Anchovies, Please"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1232
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home