Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

New AC/DC live dvd to feature performance with the Stones
Posted by: Halup ()
Date: August 24, 2007 19:42

From Billboard.com:

AC/DC Plugs Back In With Live DVD Set

August 24, 2007, 10:45 AM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

AC/DC will break several years of inactivity with the Oct. 16 release of "Plug Me In." The double-DVD Columbia set sports five hours or concert and TV performances, most of which have never been commercially released. A limited-edition of the project adds a third DVD with 21 extra live performances.

The first disc showcases the Australian band's early years on the international rock scene, including a March 3, 1976, show at St. Albans High School in Australia, AC/DC's maiden U.K. television appearance in July of that year, clips from U.K. shows in 1978 and three songs from Dutch TV in 1979, including the live debut of "Highway to Hell."

Among the bonus features are band interviews from 1976, a separate interview with frontman Bon Scott in November 1977 and four songs from a Dec. 15, 1979, show in Nice, one of Scott's final appearances with AC/DC before his death two months later.

New vocalist Brian Johnson's arrival is chronicled on the second disc via a rare Japanese TV appearance from February 1981, a 1984 visit to the "Old Grey Whistle Test," live performances from Detroit, Moscow, Paris, Munich and Toronto and a 2003 jam with the Rolling Stones.

The contents of the bonus third disc have yet to be announced, but the package will include reproductions of vintage AC/DC memorabilia.

AC/DC is expected to begin recording a new album at some point in the near future. The as-yet-untitled set will be the follow-up to 2000's "Stiff Upper Lip."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-08-24 19:43 by Halup.

Re: New AC/DC live dvd to feature performance with the Stones
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 24, 2007 20:03

About time we see something new from them! Wonder if the "jam" with the Stones is Rock Me Baby or if it is something else done during a rehearsal.

Date: August 24, 2007 20:35

yawn.. i want NEW stuff.. i want a tour! come on malcolm i've been waiting buddy!

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: August 24, 2007 20:53

Sounds great, but 5 hours of stuff seems to be a bit too much for a non-hardcorefan...comparable to Biggest Bang or 4 Flicks - also regarding price-level. Anyway, AC/DC-stuff is cheap.

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: August 24, 2007 21:03

Is there such a thing as a "non-harcore fan" of AC/DC? I've never met one. Its a way of life - just like the Stones. I'm sure plenty of folk will buy it.
But....bring on the new album and tour..

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: August 24, 2007 21:41

Great news !!!!
I'm pretty much sure they will feature Ride On from the Stade de France concert.
See the story on my website

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: August 24, 2007 21:48

sounds great. but as someone else said ... WHAT ABOUT A NEW ALBUM AND TOUR ?

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: August 25, 2007 02:29

I love AC/DC, just like anyone else, but I saw them twice about 10 years apart, and I swear that it was the same show!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1530
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home