Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

02 Upgrade clarification
Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: August 24, 2007 16:24

In case there are those amongst us inhabiting this febrile community who are unapologetic optimists... regarding the possibility of upgrading O2 tickets for the Sunday show, from poor seats to brilliant ones.

I spoke to an O2 Customer Services person, at the CS counter on the 1st level concourse last night, about the upgrade situation. He confirmed that the reason there were so many ticket upgrades available/offered by the venue on Tuesday's night show, was that around 2000 seats were not sold on the Lower tier level. The promoter then instructed them to upgrade people whose seatings were on the Upper tier level to Lower tier and floor block seats (so the band were not looking directly at areas of empty seats).

There were no upgrade seats available for last night's show, as it 'sold out' at midday (according to the CS man).

Also, as Sunday night is 'sold out' there will be no upgrade seats available for that either.

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news.

Cheers
SD

Re: 02 Upgrade clarification
Date: August 24, 2007 16:28

I purchased a ticket last night at approx 8.00pm, entered the Arena and picked up an upgraded ticket at approx 8.10pm. I was sitting in the row directly by the sound desk near the B stage - superb view!

Posted by: sherer1 ()
Date: August 24, 2007 16:33

i went round looking for upgrade seats at 8:15 asked a few people and got nothing as no one seemed to know what i was talking about.. the people sitting next to me picked some up and moved after they had seen my seats. there was some last night and so there might me a few, although less than Tues available you just have to be lucky at the time you look round

Date: August 24, 2007 17:16

To help a friend out in section 419 I upgraded her ticket at the escalators to the left side without any hassle.She watched the show from section 108 row M then.
Good luck on Sunday for all future upgraders.
Just ask.

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: August 24, 2007 19:35

Hi,

There were upgrades available last night, but no floor seats in the A or B blocks. I was in C3 and offered a lower tier 103 close to the stage, but decided to stay put as I was right next to the B stage.
The people handing them out were at the top of the escalator on the 1st floor, just before the 2nd escalator and had a box of them on the floor.
There were a few empty seats in C3 right next to the B stage, but these were not available for upgrade...maybe belonged to scalpers who didn't sell ?
Great show last night, better than Tuesday...I stayed put in C3 until after the B stage then blagged my way to the side of A3 5 rows from the front & stayed there (despite one very obnoxious git who seemed to think that nobody else should be there apart from him and tried to get the stewards to push everyone back, despite the fact we were standing at the end of the rows, not even in "his" row).

Anyhow, looking forward to Sunday, see everyone in the Pilot Inn sometime Sunday afternoon.

Nice to meet you again last night, bv.

Chris & Pam

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: garywho ()
Date: August 24, 2007 20:04

If you are in the nosebleeds get in early, then tell customer services that you suffer from vertigo and ask for a seat lower down!

Date: August 24, 2007 20:58

There are really good upgrades. We went down from block 416 straight after Jet finished. A woman near the escalators gave us 4 tickets Block A1 setas 3-6. It may well have been the best night of my life!

We spoke to customer services and he told us too there would be no upgrades for last night, but in my case there clearly were!

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: August 24, 2007 22:20

There were 3-4 o2 people doing the upgrades, level one, entrance B from 7.30 for around an hour. By the time I got there they only had 103 (but a big stack of them) so stuck with my 106 FF row ticket which was superb

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: August 24, 2007 22:20

There were 3-4 o2 people doing the upgrades, level one, entrance B from 7.30 for around an hour. By the time I got there they only had 103 (but a big stack of them) so stuck with my 106 FF row ticket which was superb

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1559
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home