Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Dog n Cat Records
Posted by: drake ()
Date: May 23, 2007 22:35

Does anyone know a good way to contact Dog n Cat Records?

-Drake

Re: Dog n Cat Records
Posted by: django ()
Date: May 23, 2007 22:51

Date: May 23, 2007 22:59

Thank you. They ripped off my Columbus and Louisville recordings. (DAC is making money off what I offered freely to fellow fans.) Thought I'd shoot them an email and let them know whats on my mind. Atleast Sister Morphine offered me some releases from their back catalog as restitution.

-Drake

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 23, 2007 23:27

I would say, Shoot and Kill Drake

Date: May 23, 2007 23:57

Shoot and Kill Drake... are you saying I should take aim at them, or that someone should shoot and kill me... a bit ambiguous....

-Drake

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 24, 2007 03:47

drake, thanks for your quality work, generousity, and friendship. Sad that folks would try to make money off of your gift. Be cool. Hope to see ya soon.

SK

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: May 24, 2007 17:10

Hows that Columbus remix coming along Drake?

Posted by: Rosto ()
Date: May 24, 2007 17:22

Please don't shoot them for real. That would mean no future high quality DAC releases anymore...

Let it rock!

Posted by: KeithDaMan ()
Date: May 24, 2007 17:40

I downloaded the original Drake recordings of Columbus and Louisville. Again, thanks a lot for your great recording and effort!

EB (Belgium)

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: May 24, 2007 18:34

To be fair, most "official" boots are also available for "free" download ...

I guess that by now the rule is: content is free, you pay the pressing and packaging.

C

Posted by: Hotstuff ()
Date: May 24, 2007 18:53

Drake : your work is much appreciated for the real fans. My inconditional support to you and your generosity.

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: May 24, 2007 21:05

Hey thanks man for you generousity and letting us here some great shows!! Tell them what's on you mind and there are others who agree with you!!!

Go Dawgs!

Date: May 24, 2007 21:17

nanker, are you in Georgia?

I'm is.

SK

Go Dawgs!

"No Anchovies, Please"

Date: May 24, 2007 22:16

DAC puts out good material I'm just pissed that they took my recordings without so much as shooting me an email to offer a copy of it. Its probably foolish of me to expect honor among bootleggers. Atleast I'm not guilty of butchering classic recordings with noise-reduction. =)

@kovach: Honestly I forgot all about the Columbus remaster!! I just graduated from college two weeks ago so my life has been taking all sorts of twists and turns. I'm in the job hunt for an audio-engineering or video-editing position, apartment hunting, etc... etc... The good news is the last time I worked on it I finished mixing it. Now its a matter of editing it (getting rid of loud claps and other annoying bits that ruin the listen).

$5 says some label will take it and release my 'remastered' version. Maybe I should remaster Columbus and Louisville every year, just to make DAC update their catalog continually...

-Drake

Date: May 25, 2007 01:55

drake, after college, I ran a whore house by hand, until I got on my feet. smiling smiley

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: May 25, 2007 13:13

its wrong thinking on your side, Drake! you do something illegal by recording Stones shows without bands permission and spreading them (for free, I know), and Dog n Cat do something illegal by manufacturing CD without bands permission and spreading them (for money, I know).

now you introduce the moral aspect and complain that Dog n Cat dont ask for your permission to use tape you recorded.

in the end, it is all the same. it is Stones music, it is their performance, and who cares to ask THEM for permission to record and distribute (freely or for money) their shows? you dont ask Stones for permission, and Dog n Cat dont ask Stones for their permission either.

and now YOU complain - as if you own some kinds of rights to the tape you illegally recorded?

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: May 25, 2007 15:45

Cool, the first one you released sounded so good, can't wait to hear the remix!

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: May 25, 2007 16:32

HeyElmo
I am in georgia and I hoping to make it to the braves game.

Drake you kick some A!!!
Have you checked your facebook inbox lately? I have a request for you there if you can and when you get some available time.

Go Dawgs!

Date: May 25, 2007 19:06

Looking forward to it, nanker.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: May 25, 2007 19:52

Those damn bootleggers have absolutely no ethics!

Posted by: WilcoMick ()
Date: May 25, 2007 22:15

drake Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> DAC puts out good material I'm just pissed that
> they took my recordings without so much as
> shooting me an email to offer a copy of it. Its
> probably foolish of me to expect honor among
> bootleggers. Atleast I'm not guilty of butchering
> classic recordings with noise-reduction. =)
>

What do you mean with "they took my recordings ..."? Did you give it to DAC (I don't think so) or did you trade with someone who gave DAC the recording? In that case you should be pissed with your trading partner. Or his trading partner.

Wilco

Date: May 25, 2007 23:01

I put it on multiple torrent trackers. I'm not angry that they're using my recording, I'm angry that they're making money off it. Like others have said though, its rediculous on my part to expect any morals from a bootleg label.

And yes, there IS a difference alimente. Tape trading is much different then SELLING bootlegs. My recordings are my HOBBY, not a business. I do no damage to the Stones by recording their gig and trading it freely among fans. Keith and Mick both have Chuck Berry boots among many other things. The issue is with money being made, instead of trading.

The Grateful Dead would have been pissed off if audience recordings were being sold for the outrageous price of original silver pressing boots these days. Just my two cents.

-Drake

Date: May 26, 2007 13:20

I understand you are angry Drake, but once you put your recording on a tracker anyone, including Mr DAC, can download it within a few hours. You've lost control this way. The guy gets his recordings for nothing this way!

But let's face it, how many people are still buying DACs for 50 euro a double set when you can have the same music for free thanks to generous people like you?!? I haven't bought a DAC for the last 4 years I think and I don't think I will buy them ever again.

Wilco

Date: May 26, 2007 19:23

To all the people whining that boots steal from the band, get a life. Most people who buy the boots ALREADY have ALL the legit stuff. We are the ones who run out and buy the albums, cd singles, $450 concert tix for multiple shows etc. If the Stones really cared, they'd issue this stuff.
Zappa finally wised up with his Beat The Boots series. I talked to Ian Copeland about Police boots at the LA Book Faire at UCLA one year. He pissed and moaned but I suggested that they do what Stiff Recs did. With the continued reissuing of material, put vouchers in their releases. When you collect enough vouchers, send them in with a small fee and get EP of rare/unreleased stuff. Ian just shrugged his shoulders and shut up.
My friend belongs to the Split Enz fan club and he is constently getting sent cds/dvds of rare/unreleased stuff FROM THE BAND. The Enz fan club constantly puts out the word to fan club members to submit material for future releases.
If there wasn't a demand, they would not exist!

Scotty,
Irvine, CA

Date: May 28, 2007 10:19

I guess Split Enz can do that with a fan club that's probably only 1/100.000 of the Stones fan base.

Wilco

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: May 28, 2007 14:53

WilcoMick Wrote:
> I guess Split Enz can do that with a fan club
> that's probably only 1/100.000 of the Stones fan
> base.
>
> Wilco

so you wanna say that the Stones are too big to deal with their fans in nice and decent way?

Date: May 28, 2007 20:31

The size of the fan base means nothing, absolutely nothing. Look at all the pro shot/recorded dvd/cds out there. Much of it recorded by the band themselves. If the Stones cared, they'd put it out. Instead of the cheezy t-shirts and stuff they sell on the website, they could sell dvds/cds. The cost is minimal and it's pure profit. They own the stuff. Maybe it's Allen Klein that's holding this stuff up?
How long have Neil Young fans waited for his supposed 4, 8, or 12 cd series of unreleased material? 12 years?
With the internet and e-commerce you circumvent the retailer and sell directly to consumer.

Scotty

Date: May 29, 2007 09:38

I guess it's a combination of care and business. Let's face it, how many people would buy CD's/DVD's from (multiple) shows. When Pearl Jam started this thing 10 years ago it would have been a wise decision to follow, but somehow I think that moment is gone now. Look at the ticket sales for Holland or Belgium, many people have lost intrest.

Wilco

Posted by: sumi ()
Date: May 29, 2007 10:26

drake Wrote:
> I put it on multiple torrent trackers. I'm not
> angry that they're using my recording, I'm angry
> that they're making money off it. Like others
> have said though, its rediculous on my part to
> expect any morals from a bootleg label.
>
> And yes, there IS a difference alimente. Tape
> trading is much different then SELLING bootlegs.
> My recordings are my HOBBY, not a business. I do
> no damage to the Stones by recording their gig and
> trading it freely among fans. Keith and Mick both
> have Chuck Berry boots among many other things.
> The issue is with money being made, instead of
> trading.
>
> The Grateful Dead would have been pissed off if
> audience recordings were being sold for the
> outrageous price of original silver pressing boots
> these days. Just my two cents.
Very interesting. You care how much will make profit DAC, and you NOT care how much will make profit internet companies????But you are not alone in this way of thinking. Same way of thinking has authority. They hunt poor people wich sell 100 cd's on the street while big companies benefits milions with sharing "prohibited material".
edit
You look like child. You grow and grow when people tell you "thanks for sharing","nice recording", "woow..."...You should offer to DAC your recording for some copies of their catalogue (it is money), but you would be short for "thank you very much indeed...". Price for your enjoy was that DAC make money of your recording. You must pay something in your life.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-05-29 10:56 by sumi.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 30, 2007 07:54

Drake, can't wait to hear the remix!
Congrats on college graduation!
(Hope you have time maybe this summer to talk to me about fans
as we discussed...younger and older.) :-)

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2375
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home