Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT Is This The Greatest Music Video Ever Made?
Posted by: Come On ()
Date: January 18, 2010 11:58

This one is the greatest ever made:

smoking smiley

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: January 18, 2010 11:58

NICOS
Yeah that's for the next upcomming lottery

Good thinking.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: January 18, 2010 13:06

I'd like to second what swiss said. I'm 28 and usually *fairly* open minded with new music, although most stuff I actually buy is old rock 'n' roll.

I definitely think Lady Gaga will be around for a while. Watch the video Duane in Houston posted and then watch the piano performance underneath and remember that it's actually the same artist in both. I agree with everything swiss said about her video and dancing. On top of that she's obviously great at playing piano, singing and performing with tons of charisma. She's no simple producer's product; she's a confident artist very much in control of herself. Then again, she (and her record company) is definitely exploiting her own sexyness. If she would do that if it didn't affect the cash flow... I don't know.

Posted by: yorkey ()
Date: January 18, 2010 13:39

boogie1969
I don't get what's so great about it. It's neither bad nor good, to me it's just there, like most crap put out these days. And I got over thinking a video is the greatest ever just because it looks cool about twenty years ago. What's so special about this one?

And by the way, you guys need to take your dresses off, find your balls, and put your pants back on, your talking about LADY F-UCKING GAGA FOR F-UCKS SAKE!

What the f-uck is wrong with you people?!?

Couldn't agree more. It's not atrocious music, it's just not very good.

You got the Sun, You got the Moon,
and you've got
The Rolling Stones

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: January 18, 2010 16:45

Back Of My Palm
Gaga has other & ever earlier influences than Madonna.

No doubt, but if there had never been a Madonna, there would have never been a Gaga.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: January 18, 2010 17:53

Somebody said she looks good. Let me show you a video I saw while in Lithuania a month ago:

She looks average at best. No better than the chicks alking on your local pavement.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: January 18, 2010 18:48

dunno if it's the best ever but to me definitely it doesn't suck. thanks for posting - before now i'd altogether ignored LGG.

Posted by: MARSBAR ()
Date: January 18, 2010 19:11

Gazza
Glorified cola commercial IMHO. Everything about her smacks of contrived phoniness.

I'll take this one as the greatest music video ever, personally :

Gazza...that truly is a beautiful song and video,thanx for posting it I had never heard or seen it before...Johnny to me is like an early Keith a "REBEL"in his own music formatthumbs up

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: January 18, 2010 19:41

No.

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: January 18, 2010 22:24

"Jumpin' Jack Flash" by the Rolling Stones gets my vote.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: January 19, 2010 01:34

you can almost see her cock in one scene

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 19, 2010 02:41

..........Most music vids are the same as comedy records .... Ya only need ta experience 'em once ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: January 19, 2010 03:51

The slew of Gaga hate thrown around here is to be expected.
It's way too easy to discount her as a manufactured pop tart, or whatever the Gerts* are calling anything 'new' these days.

[A Gert, I've been told by my juicy li'l 24 year old chick friend, is an jaded, older person who won't (not can't - won't) look outside of their old, dusty record collection for any kind of inspiration. We Stones fans are famous for being the new grumpy old farts who use outdated references to slag new, innovative work.}

At first glance, if one wants to hate it, knock it and toss it aside as garbage, it's quite easy to. Anyone can do that with anything. But to open our minds, challenge ourselves a bit, or take own heads out of our own collective butts long enough to stop waving antiquated 'musical taste flags', one would see how much more there is in the world besides... a handfu lof senior citizens playing 35-plus year old songs? Just saying.

Gaga is an artist (she got her start in the NY lower-east side art scene), she writes her own music, concieves her ever-changing images of fashion and yes, music videos.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Woody24 ()
Date: January 19, 2010 04:22

Wow, I always thought it was universally accepted that the Stones "Don't Stop" was the greatest video ever!

That one had to cost hundreds!!!

"Take all the pain...It's yours anyway"

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 19, 2010 04:33

>Gaga is an artist (she got her start in the NY lower-east side art scene), she writes her own music, concieves her ever-changing images of fashion and yes, music videos.

Totally accept and respect that. I just dont think her music is anything special, and its not because I've a closed view of what good music is. Its just personal taste. Its at least as equally biased to dismiss the opinions of people who dont like it based on a cliched assumption that its because of their age.

Date: January 19, 2010 04:34

Woody24
Wow, I always thought it was universally accepted that the Stones "Don't Stop" was the greatest video ever!

That one had to cost hundreds!!!

LOL

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 19, 2010 15:57

i like the video .the ending sucked though .very morbid!

Posted by: farawayeyes2 ()
Date: January 19, 2010 16:09

NICOS
Thechnical seeing this clip is amazing.

For Lady Gaga, I think she isn't that bad at all and she will be around for a while.

Nothing new though but she impressed me with this perfomance on Dutch television ................

Doubble click to see it in big format

same happened to me, when i saw this performance i started to respect her XD

Posted by: Bimmelzerbott ()
Date: January 19, 2010 16:20

Gazza
>Gaga is an artist (she got her start in the NY lower-east side art scene), she writes her own music, concieves her ever-changing images of fashion and yes, music videos.

Totally accept and respect that. I just dont think her music is anything special

Neither is Stones music, at least for non-Stones fans or the average casual music listener. Which music is special anyway?

Date: January 19, 2010 17:43

Only the music thats special to me personally. Which in my case is the only opinion that matters.

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: January 19, 2010 18:56

Gazza
Glorified cola commercial IMHO. Everything about her smacks of contrived phoniness.

I'll take this one as the greatest music video ever, personally :

I agree 100%, this one gives me goosebumps every viewing, also one the greatest covers ever, this and Hendrix's all along the watchtower.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: January 19, 2010 20:26

I have to admit the I like Bad Romance as a song but whether or not it is the greatest ever made is purely subjective. To each their own...

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: January 19, 2010 21:53

It seems to be modern cabaret/vaudeville.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2108
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home