Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

downloading some videos
Posted by: PiotrRSpl ()
Date: July 29, 2007 03:34

trying hard but nothing works, anyone has a clue how to download those great videos:

Budapest:
[www.tv2video.hu]

Stones arrival to Warsaw
[wideo.gazeta.pl]

Re: downloading some videos
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: July 29, 2007 04:35

I can explain it if you are using a mac. don't know about doing on a pc at home easily.

FOR MACs:

*** These instructions are for Mac's Safari web browser... I don't know if these insructions work for other browsers. ***

As you watch a video on Youtube or another web site, it loads or "buffers" into your computer's memory. Notice the small red bar right below the video, and wait for it to extend completely to the end. It's best to click the "pause" button (the little triangle just below the video on the left). Wait until the red buffer bar extends completely.

Next, at the top of your screen, click "Window > Activity" and notice the list of Web host, files and sizes. One of these files will be much larger in size... 20 MB, 30 MB or more... This is the file you need to download. Double click on the file name, and it will begin to download to your hard drive as an ".flv" file. Click on "Window > downloads" to open the downloads window, if it isn't already open. After it is completely finished downloading (as shown by the blue bar), click on the magnifying glass icon, next to the file name to locate the file on your hard drive. It will probably have a name like "get_video.flv" or something even more cryptic, like "I35112.flv". Rename the file to the actual name of the video, for example "start_me_up.flv". Be sure to keep the same 3 letter file extension that was used.

Now you can either play the .flv file with a standalone Flash player (you'd have to download that) or...

You have to use a shareware program like iSquint (Google "iSquint" and download it.) You simply drag your ".flv" file from your hard drive into iSquint's window, and it will convert it into a Quicktime movie that you can play on your computer, iPod or TV.

See: [www.iorr.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-29 04:43 by schillid.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: July 29, 2007 12:56

it does not work. When I double click on the file in the activity window, it does not download

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: July 29, 2007 13:17

budapest: [stream2.tv2.hu] (just use save as)

trying to find out the other one now smiling smiley

-Menno

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-29 13:18 by MononoM.

Date: July 29, 2007 13:21

(charlie is good tonight btw smiling smiley)

Date: July 29, 2007 13:35

stones ariving in poland: [video.gazeta.pl] (use save as to save it on your hdd smiling smiley)

Date: July 29, 2007 13:39

so sorry i missed these shows, last year i made lots of plans to go to eastern europe... but as you know everything was cancelled.. but its ok, 2006 was just great smiling smiley the tour started a little bit late and after all i did see 75% of the shows in europe smiling smiley
Going to Lausanne in less then 2 weeks smiling smiley

Date: July 29, 2007 13:40

no need to convert the filez btw (but i speak for a winblows based puter), you can open them in media player classic (aka not the one which comes with winblows), dont know about the mac..

Posted by: PiotrRSpl ()
Date: July 29, 2007 19:03

WOW - MononoM for finding this out - I'ms o grateful!
see you soon smiling smiley

and thank you Rolling Stones!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1755
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home