Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

NO EXPEXTATIONS on RS.Com:THE BEST
Posted by: guy ()
Date: July 19, 2007 17:58

This is a fabulous video, and micro doc, you can see how excited they all are by this extraordinary girl, Jagger is not cynical, and even rather inspired, and Richards totally focussed, riveting watching and them playing. The only strange thing is , in the snippet of concert they play they sound too FAST! Thoughts?

Re: NO EXPEXTATIONS on RS.Com:THE BEST
Posted by: YPatrick ()
Date: July 19, 2007 18:21

They probably played the song too fast in the concert

Posted by: albop ()
Date: July 19, 2007 23:58

I agree !

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: July 20, 2007 00:10

.....sorry but I don't get it. I thought Ana Moura butchered the song.

Date: July 20, 2007 00:34

I agree but it was probably not evident for Ana Moura to be on stage with Mick...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-20 00:35 by albop.

Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: July 20, 2007 03:17

Rip This wrote
".....sorry but I don't get it. I thought Ana Moura butchered the song"

That song was played in Lisbon,Portugal, where the national song is something called Fado, well Ana Moura is one of most new representative , together with Mariza, Mishia, Dulce Pontes, etc etc.By the way, the all band the night before the concert, had they first dinner together in eigth years while watching a fado concert by Ana Moura
Before they started to play Jagger annouced the the next song will have a Portuguese flavour...So what happen next was a blend of rock and fado, the first time that I am aware of ( speciallly proud that was the Stones making it, by digging new music grounds, one more time) And if you dont know fado or never heard it, its natural that you react like that, but the portuguese audience who was there loved it,me included, trust me, it was a beautifull blend of two distinct kinds of music

Date: July 20, 2007 13:04

Riffbuck I totally agree,I think Rip This should listen again, and open their ears....

Date: July 20, 2007 13:10

I was in Lisbon. Ana Moura is certainly a very good fado singer (I know that Tim Ries, for example,appreciates her voice), but, sorry, she was, several times, "out of tune" during No expectation.

Date: July 20, 2007 15:19

albop !
She was not of tune...she was singing Fado over a rock song and that makes all the diference.
Listen, if it was so bad as that , The Stones should never put the video on their website for us to see!!!

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: July 20, 2007 16:38

Great!!

I am so happy they put this particular song on their website!!!

:-)))))))

Date: July 20, 2007 16:38

Riffbuk Wrote:
The Stones should never put the video on their website for us
> to see!!!

Are you sure ?

Date: July 20, 2007 16:56

He meant the oposite!!!

They did very well putting the song online!!

Date: July 20, 2007 17:03

read carefully what I wrote

"Listen, if it was so bad as that , The Stones should never put the video on their website for us to see!!!"

Posted by: TE ()
Date: July 20, 2007 17:35

Wasn't this the song that Chuck (lovely Chuck, please, "Under my thumb" in Oslo, Copenh, Dusseld, or Hamburg) said something went wrong?
On the way out, will post it if I find it.

TE
Oslo

Posted by: TE ()
Date: July 20, 2007 17:42

Found it...
snip
"At the gig it was the usual thing…except that in doing the set list Mick suggested we invite Anna Moura to perform “No Expectations” with us. I was very pleased at this, and we put it on the list. I went to find Tim to see when she might be arriving…he was able to get her on a cell phone and told her of the invitation. Not long afterwards she arrived, and I brought her, Tim and her two guitarists to Mick’s room for a run through. The only concern was the key….we do it in E, and she had recorded it in B. Even through it was quite low for her to sing, she was able to re-phrase it and make it work. Her guitarist George was helpful in encouraging her and suggesting some phrasing."
"

"The show went quite well…again, that incredible Latin passion from the audience was evident from the start. The song with Anna went ok, but not as well as I’d hoped. For one thing, she missed her cue to get out on stage in time to start the second verse….and Mick had to cover it. That caused the arrangement to get a little off track…but not so bad that it created any big problem…we rolled with it. I thought that the crowd may have reacted more to her…but maybe they didn’t know her so well. Anyway, they were appreciative of her…and since she sang one verse in Portuguese, that was well received by the fans. The rest of the show went fine."

TE
Oslo

Date: July 20, 2007 18:29

It was great!

Date: July 20, 2007 19:22

Can anyone please help on how to download this video from RS.com???

Thanks in advance!

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: July 20, 2007 19:49

.........I can certainly appreciate the excitement of Porto and Fado fans alike.......having said that......the Stones were playing/singing in one key, while Moura was singing in the key of...OUCH!!!

Interesting idea...bad execution

Date: July 20, 2007 20:33

Part of my point was that it was wonderful to see Mick and Keith so animated

Date: July 21, 2007 11:33

Indeed they were very animated!!!

Date: July 21, 2007 13:20

Heres the video

Posted by: grizzlybear ()
Date: July 22, 2007 00:05

Beautiful ! Embedding a people's culture into The Rolling Stones universe, beautiful. I loved to see the band' s laboratory working for that perfomance.
And then... Chuck's comments, a little rock story, putting us all in backstage.

What was the result ? Another beautiful night under the Rolling Stones sky...
Thank you Anna for being there

Posted by: ig ()
Date: July 22, 2007 13:30

From «Viva+», Jornal de Notícias, 20th July 2007

Ana Moura says about the show:

«When they called me [a few hours before the show], I was thrilled, but soon the nerves invaded me. When I was informed that MJ used to sing the song [No Expectations] in a much lower key I felt desperate. My heart beat as strong as Charlie's drums. But everything went OK.»

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1603
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home