Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

"Still Life" DTS Format?
Posted by: kovach ()
Date: July 12, 2007 20:25

I didn't even realize this when I bought it some years ago, but when I went to rip it to include on my digital music player, it said it couldn't rip DTS format.

Does this mean it's in Surround Sound? Are they all like that or is this a rarity?

I was able to make a copy of it and rip the copy by the way...but not the original format.

Re: "Still Life" DTS Format?
Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: July 12, 2007 21:19

There´s no DTS releases from the Stones, not official anyway. Only exception is one of the SFTD remixes on a SACD wich is in 5.1, no DTS There exists some of their other titles in beautiful DTS, astonishing results, made by private entrepenuers. I highly recommend them. Still Life is not one of them, as far as I know. I have Sticky, Beggars and Let it Bleed in 5.1 DTS. If you´re equipment can´t play 5.1 channeled discs in DTS, all you will hear is static. If it can, you´re in heaven.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-12 21:28 by mickijaggeroo.

Date: July 12, 2007 21:51

And I just found Through The Past Darkly, remixed to 5.1 DTS. Goodie!! smiling smiley

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: July 12, 2007 21:51

My CD player/recorder handles it just fine; my PC balked at it.

Let me look at it when I get home from work tonight and post some more information on it off the cover/liner notes.

Date: July 12, 2007 21:54

Thanks, I´m very interested of course of what you find out.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: July 14, 2007 01:40

Not sure if this will help, but here are the details:

Back cover:

1982 Benelux B.V. 1982 Promotone B.V. Under exclusive license to Virgin Records America, Inc.

The copywrite to this recording is owned by Benelux B.V.

"ROLLING STONES" and tongue and Lip Design are Trademarks of Musidor B.V.

Serial # 7243 8 45674 2 2

The CD itself has similar information, but on the inner ring of the music side it says:

MASTERED BY EMI MFG

IFPI LD43 (I think, it's really small!)

163C (again, I think, very small)

Right next to the 163C there is a weird symbol, kind of looks like a 'P', or an 'f', or 'pi' or 'fi' inside of something that looks like a square root bracket (for you math whizzes).

4-4-4 (the last one clearly is a 4, the others look like a 4 of a different font possibly)

Any clue?? Is this just the standard issue or some oddity? Still won't play on my PC, nor can I rip it! Only one out of almost 1000 CD's I own!

Thanks!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1153
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home