Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick disrespect towarsds Bill
Date: July 12, 2007 20:43

We have always heard about the lack of respect from Mick towards Bill (half lie half true I think), mainly in the seventies. Thanks to Charlie Bill was not fired, according to some records. When Bill released his first album Mick said that if Bill wanted he could definitively go away as Taylor did. I think that being Mick is so mean he might have thought.."hey this is a hard business and Bill has just been playing some bass and danced with all those little girls for years but what have I and the band received in return after making him millonaire..?".

You will say...I need an evidence...ok, watch how Mick push and kick Bill on the stage...(watch the first minute)

Re: Mick disrespect towarsds Bill
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: July 12, 2007 20:48

Mick has been known to be rough on Ronnie as well.

At least Bill kicks back!

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: July 12, 2007 20:49

He´s done that a thousand times with Bill, all in good fun. So I think you´re completly off the track with this theory.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: Adi Tyler ()
Date: July 12, 2007 20:51

Edith Grove Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mick has been known to be rough on Ronnie as
> well.

really? details, please?

Posted by: sladog ()
Date: July 12, 2007 20:52

When Bill tries to take credit for JJ Flash, he probably deserves it!! winking smiley

[mymoratorium.wordpress.com]

Date: July 12, 2007 20:55

Hi Vilheim
It just a theory, I have thrown a little stone to the water of this board.

Anyway I wouldn´t push a friend that unpolite way.
Regards from Madrid.

Date: July 12, 2007 20:57

Adi Tyler Wrote:
-
> really? details, please?

Same thing as with Bill. I've seen several bumps/pushes as Mick runs across the stage, mostly in the '70s & '80s.

There is a pic out there I've been trying to find where Mick is nearly upside down while jumping over Ronnie.

Posted by: Adi Tyler ()
Date: July 12, 2007 21:01

Edith Grove Wrote:
--------------------
> Adi Tyler Wrote:
> -
> > really? details, please?
>
> Same thing as with Bill. I've seen several
> bumps/pushes as Mick runs across the stage, mostly
> in the '70s & '80s.
>
> There is a pic out there I've been trying to find
> where Mick is nearly upside down while jumping
> over Ronnie.

Wow :-S Mick can be a bitch sometimes, eh?

Date: July 12, 2007 21:03

Adi Tyler Wrote:

> Wow :-S Mick can be a bitch sometimes, eh?

I'm sure it is only in jest. Gives the audience something to laugh about and keeps Bill and whoever on their toes!

Posted by: WilcoMick ()
Date: July 12, 2007 22:18

severaltimesregistered Wrote:
> > You will say...I need an evidence...ok, watch how
> Mick push and kick Bill on the stage...(watch the
> first minute)
>

He definately takes Bill by surprise, but I think it's more that he's acting like an ass than that he wanted to kick him out of the band.

Wilco

Re: family
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 13, 2007 14:52

>> really? details, please? <<

actually i think most shows from the 70s & 80s include moments where Mick's horsing Ronnie around -
in the 90s/00s too, although not as frequently. there's a pretty sweet story around about some rehearsal
where Mick kicked part of Charlie's kit one time too many; Charlie told him off,
and told him to lay off of Ronnie too, while he was at it. Ronnie was very touched.

smile: Ronnie - bless him! - has put up so gracefully with so much oh-lordy from the Glimmer Twins -
i fret about his self-esteem sometimes, but also recognize the Survival Skills of a Youngest Sibling.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: July 13, 2007 14:57

I think he was rather pissed off when Bill left the band. He was a big part of the groove and the sound. I think they still miss him, if not the person, at least the rolling R&B bass lines. Keith and Bill is said to have cold relationship, but Keith was also pissed when Bill left. He's an original stone, the Stones have never been a band that rushes to fire band members. I can't imagine that Mick wanted him to leave.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 13, 2007 15:44

severaltimesregistered Wrote:

>
> You will say...I need an evidence...ok, watch how
> Mick push and kick Bill on the stage...(watch the
> first minute)
>
>

> lated&search=

You call that evidence of disrespect?

rubbish

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: July 13, 2007 15:54

Yeah rubbish, Mick´s just trying to wake him up.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: July 13, 2007 17:50

That just looked like a playfull push to me . Seems like Mick was trying to get some reaction out of Bill .

Posted by: Angus MacBagpipe ()
Date: July 13, 2007 18:26

I agree - a quick push on stage a sign of disrespect? I don't think so. Mick's just having fun.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: July 13, 2007 18:29

Mick had some less than flattering things to say about Bill during Bill's last few years as a Stone. Bill, it appears to me,became increasingly aloof from the rest of the group during the 70s, and had a tendency to act out his frustrations in a passive aggressive manner - i.e. not showing up for sessions,videos shoots, etc, and airing his frustrations way more to journalists than (it would appear) directly to his bandmates...So, the endless reports and retractions starting in the 80s that he (Bill) would be leaving "in two years" or whatever...By the time he left Mick had said things like "Well, he's old. He feels old,so if he wants to leave..."or "Bill's always moaning. Moan, moan,moan..." (I paraphrase from memory)...And I must say, coming from one of the foundation stones in the greatest r&r band, Bill's bass lines were somewhat less inspired on Steel Wheels (what can you expect with a digital recording? the bass ends up as ineffectual mush on many late 80s/early 90s CDs).He sounds like he's doing his job - at least 3/4ths of the time...I like his work on the "Highwire" single and "Sex Drive', which have deeper grooves, but his joy or interest in Rolling Stones had dimmed considerably. Too bad, Darryl ain't Bill,but I can't imagine the dramatic increase in touring over the past dozen years if Bill was still in the band...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1873
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home