Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Is anyone else somewhat dissapointed with Biggest Bang?
Posted by: JaIsNotDead ()
Date: July 12, 2007 05:46

First off, let me say that I do enjoy this DVD, but I have a few gripes that kind of ruin it for me. First off, why was the entire 2005 leg of the bigger bang tour pretty much neglected? I would have love to seen some footage from the North American arenas and stadiums that were played from August-December of '05. Zilker Park is really the only gem on this DVD. The quality is amazing, and the setlist probably appeals to most stones fans. Keith singing learning the game is truly a gem! I believe that RIO should have been left off this DVD, but I understand why they put it on. What was dissapointing was the fact that if you are a stones fan and go on youtube, chances are you've seen the Rio show. (It's been on there since March '06, although I think it has just been recently taken down) Same thing can be said about Saitama, but that truly was a magical show. Also, I was SOOO excited to see that there would be footage from Buenos Aires. BA was also on youtube before the release of the DVD, and I was hoping that it wasn't the same material, but sadly it was. The quality is SO bad that is makes it almost unenjoyable. Very dissapointed that the stones did not even film it up to RIO quality. Also, China was very nice, especially enjoyed was Cui Jian butcher the last verse in Wild Horses and watch Mick takeover. Finally, I felt as if the docementary was rushed and did not find it nearly as interesting as Four Flicks. Overall, I felt Four Flicks was an all together better package than biggest bang

Re: Is anyone else somewhat dissapointed with Biggest Bang?
Date: July 12, 2007 05:53

i am disappointed in the lack of FULL SHOWS.
Why they left off 2 songs from Texas is beyond me. Then SMU from TX was on youtube.
The whole DVD seemed a little rushed. And no mention of Charottlesville or Baltimore (maybe thats just cuz i was there lol)

IMO its just average, nothing much we haven't seen already

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: July 12, 2007 05:56

I think they left out certain songs so later they can release a deluxe remastered version, then we can spend $50 on the package.....but for the price, it's still worth while, IMO

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: July 12, 2007 05:59

Why do they always include a show you've seen. Who didn't see the HBO show included in 4 flicks. I mean, how lazy@!

Posted by: pay pay ()
Date: July 12, 2007 06:37

No. I love it.

Posted by: JoeHill ()
Date: July 12, 2007 08:20

Great product for a great price..

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: July 12, 2007 08:22

If you'll recall, none of the shows on Four Flicks were from the first leg of the tour, fall O2. The MSG show was from 03 and the rest of it was from Europe that summer. I say its better to have it on the latter part of tour. the band is really getting into a groove.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-12 08:23 by ryanpow.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: July 12, 2007 09:13

ryanpow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I say its better to have it > on the latter part of tour. the band is really
> getting into a groove.

Maybe, but the enthousias and spontaneity of the 1st shows also deserve to be documented. MSG 02 and 05 were great, for example.

I deplore the lack of european stuff : Con Le Mie Lacrime complete from Milan would'be been a minimum...
Also the Superbowl performance could've been featured in its entierty

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1678
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home