Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
The Live Earth Shows
Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: July 7, 2007 09:19

Missy Higgins in now performing in Australia. Very nice. Good voice, good songs.

The MSN webcast is smooth so far. No delays, no dropouts. Sounds excellent.

Re: The Live Earth Shows
Posted by: rooster ()
Date: July 7, 2007 12:19

Well its on the tv...but...i miss The Stones so much..when i look at that music...so woke up...and decided to R&R again...Colorado 75...is on now...how can i resist that...its heating up my room!! Thanks E...thanks..its a party over here and we wont stop!!

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: July 7, 2007 12:23

I'm just about to leave for the london gig, must admit I couldn't give a Squirrels nut for nearly every band on the bill. BUT....

Spinal Tap are there!! for me it'll make the whole day worth it, just to hear Big Bottom! awesome!!!

Posted by: basti ()
Date: July 7, 2007 13:03

Linkin Park was Great

O Hope a very gopd performance from Metallica today in London

Date: July 7, 2007 13:19

Have no time for it watching listening to the greatest R&R band on earth...thanks e!!

Date: July 7, 2007 13:22

What a dangerous stage that 78 stage!!

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 7, 2007 13:51

Just saw those scientists from Antarktika playing to the penguins - cool - lol.
must be hard to keep the guitars in tune (which they weren't) hehe - but these guys are fun.

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: July 7, 2007 15:12

Now Hamburg, same venue the Stones will be playing.

Date: July 7, 2007 15:17

If something real good comes along let me know ok?

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 7, 2007 16:41

firebird Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Now Hamburg, same venue the Stones will be
> playing.

Yeah, and it's raining - no roof and the sound seems to be ok.
folks are enjoying themselves - despite the rain.

thats a good sign

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 7, 2007 16:54

Hi Helter
It is on also BRAVO channel.
We are having an all day party, all you can drink,
so come on over, you are one the people who we would invite.

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: July 7, 2007 17:29

Damn, sounds like fun... that's very kind of everybody - wish I could. I'm gonna check out BRAVO to see if it has a different feed than SUNDANCE so I can get more coverage... Shame I didn't known more about this until AFTER it already started (was reading the instant review on [www.rollingstone.com] if you wanna check it out) Missed Wolfmother in Oz and think I missed Kravitz in Rio (maybe not actually looking at the clock) but Chris Cornell, RHCP's, and Roger Waters are on the way.... oh and THE PUSSYCAT DOLLS of course - LOL !! Wish The Stones had been able to make it... they say PRINCE might be the surprise act in London.... Anyway, thanks for the invite once again and everybody HAVE FUN over there - CRANK IT UP !!!!

Date: July 7, 2007 18:38

Stones????? maybe...Rock in a Hard place?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 7, 2007 20:30

In support of Live Earth, I am being green today............Or at least I'm smoking something green,does that count?

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: July 7, 2007 20:40

Is the Australian portion already being repeated? Just saw Wolfmother -- thought I was in a 1970 flashback for a moment. Never heard these guys before.

SCL, have a toke for me, OK? Wolfmother is a perfect complement to doing a little green.

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: July 7, 2007 20:43

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-31 03:47 by cirrhosis.

Date: July 7, 2007 20:50

cirrhosis Wrote:
> How soon afterwards is the Earth expected to begin
> its cooldown?

I dunno, but all the electrical juice being sucked up by these simultaneous shows is making the lights in my house grow dim (kidding).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-07 20:51 by bassplayer617.

Date: July 7, 2007 20:51

Well now they are showing the Antartica part with the British scientists,Nunatak...........Not enough green in the world to make that sound good.lol.......Let's hope that they are better scientists than musicians.

LOL Bassplayer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-07 20:52 by sweetcharmedlife.

Date: July 7, 2007 20:56

Did I just hear Keith Urban say he was going to be doing Gimmie Shelter with Alicia Keys?....Anybody else know anything about this?

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: July 7, 2007 22:57

sweetcharmedlife Wrote:
> Did I just hear Keith Urban say he was going to be
> doing Gimmie Shelter with Alicia Keys?....Anybody
> else know anything about this?

it was just on ! very cool version , way to go kids

Date: July 7, 2007 23:13

....yeah, a smokin' version of GIMME SHELTER 4 sure !!!

Date: July 7, 2007 23:44

Awwww, SPINAL TAP was priceless !!! Doing BIG BOTTOM with about 25 Bass Players on stage - including the 3 guys from METALLICA - just too funny.... Talkin' about mud flaps/my girl's got 'em.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-07 23:45 by HelterSkelter.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: July 7, 2007 23:48

sweetcharmedlife Wrote:
> Did I just hear Keith Urban say he was going to be
> doing Gimmie Shelter with Alicia Keys?....Anybody
> else know anything about this?

It´s on now, and yes, it´s Gimme Shelter!!
As long as i got a face, Alicia Keys got somewere to sit. winking smiley

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-07 23:52 by mickijaggeroo.

Date: July 7, 2007 23:49

yea its
on

Posted by: ijanne ()
Date: July 7, 2007 23:55

Nice work by Miss Keys!

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: July 8, 2007 01:39

So far Beastie Boys my favorite musically and Shakira visually. I am visiting my mom's and have the place all to myself so I have it blasting at near concert volume.

Date: July 8, 2007 02:52

Fuk I just missed GS. What an interesting combo. And (almost)everybody says it was good. AGHHHHHHH,I hope they show it on the recap tonight on NBC.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: July 8, 2007 03:21

i find the whole event a technological marvel and probably very postitive energy being injected into the culture...kinda neat...
especially when you turn down the noise and put your brussels '73 boot in there while you're watching...

wowwww....'ladies and gentleman, it's the rolling stones'...

and it LIVE...and it's pretty amazing...yeh, earth day...whatever...cool pix...rock on....'come on baby' mick says to keith as he cuts thru all the dimensions slash after slash...taylor soaring and dirty...charlie boom boom...oh my god here comes gimmes shelter...holy shit...how do guitars get that thick and perfect...
naw i need something uptemp after seeing a bit of both madonna and melissa etheridge...trying hard not to put on every applinace in the house at full, start my car just to hear it roar in the garage....let's see here...

'happy' let's try that one...
yeh i dig polar bears...if they become endangered...kick everyone out of alaska...they SHOULD be a priority...always make room for the polar bears and stuff...certainly...holy shit keith's voice here is incredible...ineffincredible...jeezus....they are both SCREAMING in key and hot as pistols...here comes taylor backed by the horns...holy shit, goosebumps...keeith GROOWWWLSSS< flesh from da boneeee....

harmonys perfect...charlies pretty much an orchestra onto himself, driving driving driving driving driving drigin......'take it on home' jagger says all of a sudden, a trace of victory in his tone..."merci keith that was a good one...whooo hooooo.....laughs...momma....he says....

wow.
td.....
fast forward to tk...11 adtk,,,uh oh....
this is dangerous and nobody's kidding for a second here...
keith is amazing here; amazing...i have never heard a rhythm guitar like that before or since....he's double timing it on the 'when the whisles blow' part...
deadly...right on the money...back to chunka....jeezus,,, this is the best rock and roll rhythm guitar i have ever heard in my life....

hear the whistle blowing hear it for a thousand miles....
taylor as chuck...then getting on full onboogieeee....
vibrato....shot of salvation...charlie starts pumping like out of his mind... jagger loses the arrangement for a second...dosen't even matter...it's a freight train going 1000 thousand miles downt he track...it's it's own monster...goosebumps...live.....horns stutter in smack smack...taylor all over the place...keith slashing like goodnes...i'm going outside for a smoke...rtj....ohno...i almost can't stand it...whoa...
i wonder if bon jovi started in nj yet...

spinal tap interviews marty tryin' to get the boys back together for the concert top notch as good as the original movie...their rehearsal footage; hyserical...top notch....sorry i missed them live i'll go back for that...
i dug kanye west...ya know..i don't mean to put the whole thing down...but it's really like wimpstock kinda...foo fighters cool....i dunno, it just made me hungry to really hear rock and roll music, and brussels was closest to the computer...
despite all of this wonderful earth day stuff which i DO enjoy...i KNOW i'm gonna need a l&g chaser...it's just the way i am...cause it's kinda neat shows and all, and kinda like a long slow tease too...musically speaking...
so i have to take it in small doses...very small...i needed the stones simple as that...it's not such an exceptionally ripe era for new music right now imo...or rock music...imo.
they shoulda gotten harry connick jr...or some body that can really roll it...ya know? i don't know what's with the demographics...i noticed cheve (general motors) is sponsoring the live feed....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-08 03:29 by Beelyboy.

Date: July 8, 2007 03:26

.....OK, there's just something so ..... TOTALLY off balance.... with MADONNA dressed in a black "Sex and the City" cocktail dress with black pumps lugging around a super heavy black Gibson Les Paul (Jimmy Page's usual guitar of choice) playing/singing RAY OF LIGHT strutting across the stage trying to look like some kinda cool rock and roll JOAN JETT babe. WRONG, WRONG, WRONG..... Grandma looked like a total rock and roll dork - not long before she crashes and burns I predict....That new song, HEY YOU, sucks big time too (she should have covered PINK FLOYD'S "Hey You" instead...)... Move over Eddie Van Halen, make room for the fading Disco Queen from Detroit....

The GOOD NEWS is Chris Cornell (singer for SOUNDGARDEN/AUDIOSLAVE) did a SCORCHING version of BLACK HOLE SUN in Hamburg !!

Now where the F*ck is ROGER WATERS and LENNY KRAVITZ?!?!?!?!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-08 03:54 by HelterSkelter.

Date: July 8, 2007 03:39

Beely, WOT ?!?! What did John Lennon say about those that don't grow with the music? Can't remember the exact quote..... I'd say about 20% of the entire Earth Day show on BRAVO/SUNDANCE is EXCELLENT (but one must watch to know), better than most albums which don't even come close to 20%......

Yeah, 1973, Bowie, Roxy Music, T. Rex, Pink Floyd, Wings, GHS .... great stuff, some..... (but that was then).....

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1634
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home