Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Who in Stockholm-what a GREAT band!
Posted by: Raging bull ()
Date: July 9, 2007 12:10

Last friday I saw the Who in Stockholm, and I must say, "whoow! Incredible, two blockes who passed 60, and STILL so hungry and good! And to Pete I want to say, " you're the man, you're the man"!!! And Zak Starkey, what a bombastic drummer, dad must be proud! God bless you lads!
Happy Jock

Re: The Who in Stockholm-what a GREAT band!
Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: July 9, 2007 12:34

Yes, it was a really good show.

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: July 9, 2007 12:37

Hello Again,

Just got back home,so it's dodgy photo time,heh-heh!

The Cork show was a belter-saw Curbishley Junior at the side of the stage just before kick-off.

Really noticed how much the band watch each other...Rabbit watches either PT or Rog...PT spends a lot of time eyeballing Rog and Zak etc. .

One of the highlights was Pete's superb acoustic "Drowned"-marvellous stuff.

I've never seen the whole band in such high spirits either...for a crowd of 'only' 3500,we made some racket!The ovations were something else-everybody I saw left the marquee grinning like idiots too!

If that is my last show then I couldn't have wished for a much better one,except that Zak still hasn't let me sit in for a couple of songs,heh-heh!

Cheers,

Si.

Posted by: wesley ()
Date: July 9, 2007 12:48

Thanks for the pictures, Simon!

Two hours working, after that I´ll drive to Helsinki. At 8 p.m the show will begin!!!

I´m a Who-first-timer

Date: July 9, 2007 13:06

Hi Wesley,

You'll have a blast,for sure...this is the last show-make some noise!

Cheers,

Si.

Date: July 9, 2007 14:26

SimonN Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Wesley,
>
> You'll have a blast,for sure...this is the last
> show-make some noise!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Si.

Thanks!
Off the office-- to the motorway to Helsinki

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: July 9, 2007 19:38

Great pics SimonN!!!

You must have been literally, a few feet away from me on the rail!

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: July 9, 2007 19:44

I did see them in my hometown Kristiansand (Norway) last week when they played the Quart festival. Like Glastonbury and Roskilde, the rain was pouring down, but they played fantastic. There were a lot of young people in the crowd, probably seeing The Who for the first time, and they were all amazed.
I have never seen Townshend in better shape, he was on FIRE - so was the rest of the band. One of the best concerts I've ever seen.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: July 9, 2007 22:10

Great photos, thanks for posting. The Who were great when I last saw them back in Dec. and it sounds like they're still going strong. And is that a bit of grey I see in Daltrey's hair? Never seen that before, his hairdresser must be on vacation. Jagger would cut off his head before he'd walk on stage with even one grey hair showing!

Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: July 9, 2007 22:13

They got great reviews for their concert at this years Roskilde Festival last Saturday

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-09 22:14 by Sohoe.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: July 9, 2007 22:24

....great photos Simon.....and did I see a coffee cup in Daltrey's hand?.....jeez, what a party animal.....hope I die before I get...oh wait

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: July 9, 2007 22:41

The cup could be to threaten/hit Pete with.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: July 9, 2007 22:44

Daltrey had a cold in Stockholm and drank some tea during the show.

Date: July 9, 2007 23:31

Hello Again,

Cheers for the kind comments,folks.

I think it's herbal tea or somesuch brew that Rog is sipping...anything to try and help his pipes,as he only knows how to sing one way-flat out!

He's been using it since the Leeds University show right at the start of this tour,which was June 2006.Another great show too!

All the best,

Si.

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: July 10, 2007 00:45

Roger drinks camomile tea on stage. For his voice. Otherwise, great pics and a great thread for a truly - and still - superb live band.

Posted by: IgotDbluez ()
Date: July 10, 2007 01:31

Great photos!

Rog also had the teacup in Little Rock back in March. Maybe it's a prop for "Tea & Theatre"? I saw them then for the 1st time in 25 years....I dragged my reluctant husband to the show (his 1st) and now he's the one who always wants to watch the DVD! The Who, naturally, blew him away.

Posted by: madmaxx ()
Date: July 10, 2007 01:46

Nothing dodgy about these picks they are Great.

Thanks for putting them up.

Date: July 10, 2007 09:58

I attended the gig in Helsinki last night: this band is solid, tight, enthusiactic and Pete was very, very good! One of the best concerts of my life.

Sure, one can complain of Daltrey`s fragile voice, but it`s just one little detail of the great ROCK show..

I have a real "oldies but goodies" summer. After this gig I´m going to see Uriah Heep, Dave Edmunds and Gary Moore (next week) and finally 1st August in Helsinki.. Toots and Maytals=)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1389
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home