Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Happy 4th of July, neighbours!
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 4, 2007 15:20

Have a rockin' good time and careful with the fireworks! And, hey, would you keep it down? We're trying to sleep up here, eh? winking smiley

Re: Happy 4th
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 4, 2007 15:23

yeah, rock it up, you US iorrians!

Re: Happy 4th of July, neighbours!
Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: July 4, 2007 15:24

What's special about 4th July? Is it someones birthday?

Oh, I see, it's sale day at the official RS.com store. Wait whilst I get my credit card out to buy a special RS tounge embossed paper clip...

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: July 4, 2007 15:24

Thanks TorontoGirl! You're invited to the party.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: gstone ()
Date: July 4, 2007 15:39

sjs12 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What's special about 4th July? Is it someones
> birthday?
>
> Oh, I see, it's sale day at the official RS.com
> store. Wait whilst I get my credit card out to
> buy a special RS tounge embossed paper clip...

Yeah, it's Queen Sonja of Norway's 70th birthday. Try to google her, and you'll se a really hot lady, who's even older than The Stones...

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: July 4, 2007 15:48

>>...and you'll se a really hot lady...<<

WTF!!

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: July 4, 2007 15:50

Happy Independance Day, all you American Stones fans! Heading over your way in September...

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: July 4, 2007 15:53

Just another Bull Sh*t Holiday... The best thing about the 4th of July is when the 5th arrives ( + all the founding fathers are spinning in their grave when they see what's happened to their beloved country.... thanks anyway)

Date: July 4, 2007 16:02

Happy 4th of July America - You prepared a speach for tonight, Helter ?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-04 16:06 by Erik_Snow.

Date: July 4, 2007 16:06

neighbours neighbours neighbours

*and i'm just like that bird - singing just for you*

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: July 4, 2007 16:09

have a good day off work

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: July 4, 2007 16:11

This one's for Helter:

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: July 4, 2007 16:34

Thanks!

We're doing it up the usual way - grilling hamburgers and hot dogs, got some watermelon and cantaloupe for dessert.

Going swimming, picking and grinning, and beer drinking this afternoon. Wish you were here (most of you)!

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: July 4, 2007 17:28

A little history for those who don't know:

On July 4th 1826, 50 years after the signing of the Declaration of Independence on July 4th 1776, Presidents Thomas Jefferson and John Adams both died ending a era of greatness in American Politics. It has been long rumored that Adams uttered the phrase "Jefferson survives" prior to his passing. However Jefferson had died only hours earlier.

Both men were conscious of living to see the 50th Fourth of July, and both, despite knowing they were on their death beds, made genuine efforts to hang on to dear life until the day had come.

On July 4th 1831, 5th President James Monroe died.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: July 4, 2007 17:49

.....y'all are gonna love this, I have been selected to judge barbecue ribs at a some kind of BBQ rib contest at a 4th of July party.....and one of the contestants has already tried to bribe my vote!!!! I can't wait.

This cheers me up because normally this holiday is sad because it reminds me of when my Uncle Stumpy had his fireworks accident.

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: July 4, 2007 17:53

Hey Lukester, sounds great to me. How many ribs will you work your way through? Make sure they supply plenty of beer to wash it all down with.

BTW, what bribe were you offered? Is this big stakes?

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: July 4, 2007 18:05

hey sjs12, no it's just for fun and pride, not high stakes.....the bribing contestant is a dear friend of mine....we never discussed price but I'm sure it will not be money, I suspect he will offer me something to smoke.....and no, my vote cannot be bought, not for any amount of finely manicured, outdoor grown, purple haired, high powered sensimilian marijuana....

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: July 4, 2007 18:14

Lukester Wrote:
> This cheers me up because normally this holiday is
> sad because it reminds me of when my Uncle Stumpy
> had his fireworks accident.

he doesn't play the piano any more?

Posted by: barking paul ()
Date: July 4, 2007 18:21

he can hit those keys ok, it's just a problem reaching the foot pedals.

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: July 4, 2007 18:32

My favorite name for a fireworks store (located in Kentucky): "Nervous Charlie's". LOL.

Posted by: rlngstns ()
Date: July 4, 2007 18:33

thank you all for your july 4th wishes....hanging out in WESTHAMPTON BEACH...little overcast today, which is great b/c i have the ABB dvd with me.....rock on.....have not seen it all, so i have a little catching up to do

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: July 4, 2007 18:37

Happy 4th of July all. Despite living in Holland i still get the day off as i work on the New York Stock Exchange :-)

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: July 4, 2007 18:59

bassplayer617 Wrote:
> My favorite name for a fireworks store (located in
> Kentucky): "Nervous Charlie's". LOL.

Kentuckians have a great sense of humour. I was driving through that great state on my way to Indy one year when I spotted a billboard for a tattoo parlor: "tattoos done while you wait."

Posted by: winter ()
Date: July 4, 2007 19:16

thanks wellwishers. here in DC we've also got the nat'l pot Smoke-In today (which has been forced to move this year from from its norml, pun intended, spot near the White House), and i'll probably watch the fireworks from our roof tonight. i'm using the day off to kick my ass on guitar and try to learn 2 of the more recent jeff beck songs that have slide guitar (Angel Footsteps and Nadia), conduct my own smoke-in, and of course hang out and chill at IORR and the leftie blogs.

we've got our work cut out for us indeed; as Franklin noted: "a republic if you can keep it". thanks for the good vibes from canada, europe and elsewhere IORR-ers, and safe holidaze to those states-side. enjoy!

Date: July 4, 2007 19:19

In honor of this great holiday, I'm listening to a fantastic Johnny Cash performance, presented in its entirety--almost 2 hours. Some songs from the as-of-then-unreleased "Unchained" LP were included. Highly recommended by yours truly.

You can get it here:
[tela.sugarmegs.org]

Date: July 4, 2007 19:44

Hey Lukester, that's real exotic: being a judge at a BBQ rib contest....will you get to marry the girl with best ribs ?

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: July 4, 2007 19:54

Danke! Just cracked a cold one, and am Cranking "Fourth of July" by X.

JR

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: July 4, 2007 20:13

I guess if I was at Lukester's (cough cough, wasn't invited - don't hang with the big shots back there in the Carolina's) and we were chomping down on some juicy ribs with some great sauce, Bottomless Tequila Drinks, All the Blue Valiums you want and Hashish for all I guess I could get into the holiday somewhat (SEE, I ain'ts a TOTAL Drag), might even blow half my hand off with an M80, too stoned to remember to throw it FAR AWAY after it was lite.... See, even Helter is flexible....AND FUN !!!!

GREAT ONE Edith Grove.... that about sums it up, sadly........

EVERYBODY SING: Oh say/can you see/by the dawns/early light/.... that's all I remember.... oh wait, but the flag/was still there/by the twilights/last gleaming.... and the rockets/red glare/the bombs/bursting in air... BTW, is that about SHOCK AND AWE? Might be, let me GOOGLE that.....

OH, I LOVE TODAY, HAPPY 4th EVERYBODY !!!!!! (Bastille Day is only 10 days away - yippee !!!)

Date: July 4, 2007 20:14

Hey, stone-relics, don't forget "Fourth of July" from Soundgarden's "Superunknown"!

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: July 4, 2007 20:17

Same song? Dont have it by Soundgarden...sounds cool

Thanks for the tip.

JR

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2014
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50