Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Revisiting Lexington 1981
Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: June 17, 2007 20:15

To celebrate my 50th birthday (which is today), I'm listening to a great soundboard boot of this show, which I was fortunate enough to have attended.

Even from my seat, which was on Ronnie's side & in the nosebleed section, the energy was palpable. I tried to scribble down the setlist, but got lost when the unusual covers (Twenty Flight Rock, Going to a Go-Go) were played. I had no idea what songs these were, but it didn't matter. I loved all of it.

Damn -- hard to believe it was 26 years ago, but listening to it now, I'm 24 again, and now I can plainly hear how good they actually were that night at Rupp Arena.

PS This show was on 11 December, and seven days later was the famous Hampton PPV show, which I now have on DVD.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-17 20:24 by bassplayer617.

Re: Revisiting Lexington 1981
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 17, 2007 20:24

Happy birthday G ! 50 years...that's a big one !
I had birthday a few days ago - and since I got a chair as a present - I spend a lot of time at IORR now...finally able to sit
Did you get any chairs, G ? I guess you could demand a couch considering the big anniversary

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-17 20:54 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: June 17, 2007 20:38

Thanks, Erik, and and a belated happy birthday to you.

Listen, I have Urban Steel to thank for posting that Lexington show. The link is here: [www.iorr.org]

Other than Hampton, this is worthwhile getting. Excellent sound. Jagger, before "Imagination" : "I woke up this morning, I'd had a dream I was playing in Kentucky.."

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: June 17, 2007 22:41

happy birthday !!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 17, 2007 23:08

my my my - happy birthday, gentlemen - chairs & gold rings on you!
or under you, if that's more comfortable :E

and yeah: Lexington 81 rocks!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1437
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home