Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Meeting Point Frankfurt
Posted by: Gangster-of-love ()
Date: May 24, 2007 19:21

I suggest we should reunite at a central meeting point for a pre show warm up.

Any suggestions?

Keep on rollin'
Gangster

Re: Meeting Point Frankfurt
Posted by: Turd On The Run ()
Date: May 24, 2007 19:24

How about somewhere directly outside the Commerzbank Arena...?

Once one enters the arena grounds there is a big 'picnic'-style grassy area outside the Arena [food concessions, T-Shirt sales, big green area to hang out] that might be ideal for an IORR meeting/party before the Main Event.

Date: May 24, 2007 19:53

Somewhere outside the arena? Depends exactly where,but in general it's a quiet good idea.
I think about to travel by car to the venue....but the parking situation isn't quiet good there.
We could also meet us in Niederrad and walk together to the arena?!?

Keep on rollin'
Gangster

Posted by: YPatrick ()
Date: May 24, 2007 20:03

How about INSIDE the arena?
Judging from the "low sales" threads there will be enough free space and no risk of missing each other... winking smiley

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: May 24, 2007 20:07

Main entrance looks like this...hmm

[www.panoramio.com]

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: May 24, 2007 20:12

I heard that the suburb Niederrad is closed to general parking whenever Eintracht Frankfurt plays. So, I guess it will be the same with major concerts. But: If the stadium isn't packed there might be enough space in the regular parking areas around the stadium. - Anyway, suggest a time and place and to recognize one another make sure you wear decent clothes manifactured in Norway...

Date: May 24, 2007 20:18

Ok guys, what do you think about 3 p.m. outside the arena? Niederrad sounds good to me, it's a 10 min. walk to the arena. I parked my car there back in 1990 at their Urban Jungle performances.
We can meet there at the Motel One and then walk together to the arena for some warm-up drinks winking smiley

Keep on rollin'
Gangster

Date: May 24, 2007 20:44

That photo of the entrance from open-g is hilarious...loks like a border crossing in the Bolivian Andes! That must be an OLD picture. There is a train/S-Bahn [as it is called] that goes directly to the from of the stadium - the picture you showed is the dusty back of the arena...probably some years ago. The entire arena was re-done for the 2006 World Soccer Championships.

Niederrad is not as close as you think. And parking will be HELL around the stadium. The best thing to do is to take the train to the stadium and go into the Arena grounds and meet in the area where all the concessions are...there's a grassy area where people can sit for hours and listen to music, eat, relax, buy tacky T-shirts, screw...well, OK, maybe not that...but generally chill out and have fun. It is better to meet there...

Does someone have a IORR flag to plant on the ground? Or how do we recognize each other?

Date: May 24, 2007 20:58

We'll recognize ech other by our famous scandinavian t-shirts winking smiley

Keep on rollin'
Gangster

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 24, 2007 21:04

The T-shirts are not Scandinavian. They are made in New Jersey USA and Norway, and by the great help from hundreds of fans from all over the world.

I am sure we will be able to sort out a meeting may be in thye Saxenhausen area where there are lots of restaurants, or is that just a tourist hype? I liked it when I was there, but I would rather meet fans and friends at a great brewery house with local Frankfurt beer. They have Augusitmer biergarten and bierstube (in fact 3-4 great ones) in Munich so there must be something similar in Frankfurt, I am sure. Anyone from Frankfurt with some recommendations? Great, central, local beer, inside+outside, space, pilsner of course and a touch of real Frankfurt. Thanks!

Bjornulf

Date: May 24, 2007 21:06

"real frankfurt" would mean meeting in a bank or office building. we want fake frankfurt!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 24, 2007 21:10

I know Frankfurt looks very business and boring but I have been there many times, and believe me, there are plenty of beer and places, and they take 7 minutes to make the beer ready for you, so they are serious about it for sure.

Bjornulf

Date: May 24, 2007 21:10

...or in a whorehouse...well...that's a diplomatic term for the banks anyway...

Date: May 24, 2007 21:11

BV unfortunately Frankfurt don't have any good beer, really. It's really poor stuff. In Frankfurt you have to drink the local Äppelwoi which is great for hot summer days.
Well let me have a look at Sachsenhausen, probably I'll find there somethin acceptable

Keep on rollin'
Gangster

Date: May 24, 2007 21:25

BV have look at at this link [www.apfelwein-wagner.com]

That's something typical for Sachsenhausen, and also very famous.

Keep on rollin'
Gangster

Date: May 24, 2007 21:35

Yes...that is the most famous place for Apple-wine in Frankfurt. A great place to meet. There ARE some good beer places, but 'Wagner' is the 'in' place for people who want to see the 'real' Frankfurt...'old-school' style. Good choice.

But, please remember...the concert is on a Wednesday...a LOT of people will be working until 5-6 p.m. and THEN go to the stadium directly from the office. And if it's a beautiful summer day, do you really want to be in a pub in Sachsenhausen - normally a 15 minute taxi ride from the stadium but on this day with rush hour traffic and the Stones in town surely a 75 minute taxi-ride - before the concert? Sure, you can take the subway to the stadium...but if it is a gorgeous summer afternoon I'd rather spend a late afternoon in the stadium grounds enjoying the fresh air and the party atmosphere instead of rushing to the stadium from a pub.

Whatever is decided...it will be a great time.

Date: May 24, 2007 22:09

bv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I know Frankfurt looks very business and boring
> but I have been there many times, and believe me,
> there are plenty of beer and places, and they take
> 7 minutes to make the beer ready for you,

it's cuz they're busy checking their stock returns!

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: May 25, 2007 11:34

There is a pub and restaurant with a mini brewery:
[www.12apostel.net]

They make light and dark beers and special beers in the season.
It's always packed therefore it's advisable to make reservations.

Please read this as information only not particular recommedation for 13 June. I would prefer meeting people outside/inside the stadium.

Date: May 25, 2007 13:59

I know that place, but in my opinion nothing special or typical for visitors. Also it's not in Sachsenhausen sad smiley
But in anyway we'll find together for a pre-show meeting.

Keep on rollin'
Gangster

Date: May 25, 2007 15:37

A nice and original place to sit in & outside in Sachsenhausen is "Dauth-Schneider".
it's over 150 years old and is located right next to the genuine tourist traps of Sachenhausen (beware, there are plenty!)
The main stuff (Stöffche) is Appelwine, but of course you also get good beer and typical hessian food.

[maps.google.de]

[www.dauth-schneider.de]

Date: May 25, 2007 16:54

Here's another idea.
there's a boathouse (houseboat?) on the Sachenhausen side of the river Main.
You can rent a row or pedal boat - or just sit on deck and have food and drinks.
[www.bootshaus-dreyer.de]

...the pedestrian bridge is Eiserner Steg.

also, the embankment between the bridges Eiserner Steg and Untermain Brücke(bridge)
are a great place to hang out in summer.
You can borrow deckchairs, blankets and pillows to lounge on the grass of the embankment. Drinks & food is availlable, but you can also bring your own.

you can see the embankment in the upper right of the pic.
the picture is taken from Eiserner Steg.

[maps.google.de]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-05-25 16:55 by open-g.

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: May 25, 2007 18:49

What time are you planning to meet? I am staying near the Shopping area, is it best to take a train to the show? Having trouble figuring out where the stadium is compared to downtown.

Date: May 25, 2007 18:59

Well, I Think we can start in the noon. Later we can go together to the arena by train, or I can pick you up by car.
I suppose that our boys will stay at the Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof or the Marriot. Perhaps we can have a couple of drinks with them after the show there winking smiley

Keep on rollin'
Gangster

Date: May 25, 2007 19:09

Take the tram, you'll get to seem more of Frankfurt.
find a station near your place, of the red line #12.
go to Stresemannallee/Gartenstrasse and change to line 20 or 21 ->last station is Stadion.

[upload.wikimedia.org]

Date: May 29, 2007 00:12

So - watzup?

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: May 29, 2007 00:59

A good idea, to meet with some nice people of this board. I plan to go to Frankfurt, but have not a ticket yet. I'll hope to buy a good front row ticket in the arena for the half price on ebay.

Posted by: natdabrat ()
Date: May 29, 2007 03:56

we're coming from Canada, so we'd love to meet other fans somewhere for drinks before the show....so we're in wherever you decide to meet.

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: May 29, 2007 05:42

The floating bar looks like a good place?

Posted by: YPatrick ()
Date: May 29, 2007 16:33

georgeV Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The floating bar looks like a good place?

It´s owned by my ex-girlfriend´s uncle and aunt (but still a good place!)...

Posted by: piet ()
Date: May 29, 2007 19:08

Please keep in mind that on the day of the concert the JPMorgan Chase Corporate Challenge will also take place. This is a charity event with over 67.000 runners competing in a race of 5 km through the center of Frankfurt. It is scheduled to start at 7.30 pm,but public transport and services will probably be affected beforehand
So it's may be good idea to avoid the inner city until the concert and the race are over!

For more information: [www.jpmccc.de]

See you in Frankfurt!

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1540
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home