Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Isle of Wight on TV
Posted by: skelly ()
Date: June 5, 2007 14:03

Sorry if this is common knowledge but Channel 4 in the UK is carrying highlights of the festival over the weekend, late night Fri, Sat & Sunday. Probably worth keeping an eye on E4 and whatever other offshoot channels that they have!

[www.channel4.com]

I think I've bust a button on my trousers....

Re: Isle of Wight on TV
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 5, 2007 14:46

I doubt there'll be much or anything on E4 as it will no doubt be wall to wall 'Big brother' instead. I would guess that the C4 broadcast will be your only hope at getting a couple of songs by the Stones,

Posted by: m1cawber ()
Date: June 5, 2007 15:16

Sky info for the Sunday....

"Highlights from today at the festival. The final day of the summer's first festival closes with some amazing performances, plus a big bang and all the headliners."
smiling smiley

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: June 5, 2007 18:51

Amazing when looking at that Channel 4 website to think that this channel was set up to provide more high brow broadcasting!

Anyway, to return to the subject I don't expect more than a few songs from the Stones. Hope I'm wrong but I remember the BBC saying they were begging Bowie's management to allow more than a handful of songs from his Glastonbury set but to no avail. I believe U2 have set similar restrictions in the past. To leave you wanting more, I guess.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 5, 2007 21:04

There isnt really enough airtime to expect more than a few Stones songs.

From past experience, the Stones are reluctant to allow concert film in a country where they have still to visit.

Example - the Urban jungle Barcelona broadcast generally wasnt aired in each country until after the Stones had played there. Bremen 1998 was shown live in pretty much every country in Europe APART from the UK - as our shows that year were postponed until 1999.

Maybe its less of an issue this time as the Stones visited the UK last year, but I would be amazed if we get more than 15-20 minutes worth.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2053
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home