Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

News about the Stones in Lisbon
Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: June 4, 2007 13:48

So far is sold 25 000 tickets and Jet will do warn up
Of the 47 000 tickets only 25 000 are sold!!!
Im a bit worried when its only left 20 days to go,and only now you can see some tv ads about the concert Maybe the philosofy of the portuguese by leaving everything for the last minute will surface again and sold out the stadium
Source [www.correiomanha.pt]

Re: News about the Stones in Lisbon
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 4, 2007 14:32

Tv ads should help (begs the question - again - why do they leave the promotion so late?) and I'm sure that the Portuguese arent alone in having this 'culture' of 'late' purchases.

You'll probably find that once the tour starts tomorrow, there'll be a knock-on affect of an increase in sales acros Europe, as the reports should motivate a lot more people who were thinking whether to go or not into actually doing so

Jet the opener, then? Cool. I've heard a lot of good things about them

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: June 4, 2007 15:33

Gazza Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jet the opener, then? Cool. I've heard a lot of
> good things about them

Great band, wish they'd play Holland this summer...

On the PR: it's non-existent and I wonder why. If there ever was a tour that needed heavy advertising, it's this European Tour. What's gotten into the Stones and their management?

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: June 4, 2007 19:46

Gazza wrote:

"Tv ads should help (begs the question - again - why do they leave the promotion so late?) and I'm sure that the Portuguese arent alone in having this 'culture' of 'late' purchases."

Of course they're NOT alone! This "culture" of "don't do it today if you can do it after a few weeks" is a strong "tradition" in Greece. In 1998, two weeks before the gig were sold 50,000 out of 80,000 tickets, despite the fact that the promotion was strong enough MUCH EARLIER. But finally the stadium was packed.

Riffbuk wrote:
"Im a bit worried when its only left 20 days to go,and only now you can see some tv ads about the concert"

I think the situation would be really alarming IF the sales were remaining slow despite promotion, after it's start.

Anyway, wish i could be in Lisbon. But i can't. I wish you enjoy a great Stones concert, with better sound than the "problematic" one i heard last summer in Porto, at "Dragao". It was my only complain...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 4, 2007 20:23

Agree with you about Greece - thats what I was thinking of specifically. I remember Fotini on Rocks off (who posts here as Lumi) worrying that they would reschedule last years cancelled Athens show because prior to Keith's accident it had been a slow seller - which she said is normal in Greece in the first few weeks.

Maybe the Stones management's lack of understanding for that 'culture' made them decide against a show there this summer. Which is a shame.

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: June 4, 2007 21:04

Gazza, the funny fact is that sales were faster last year than the sales for the -so sucessful- 1998 gig! But i suspect that the absence of Athens from 2007 touring map has basically to do with a local promoter's panic: they did a lot of stupid things with the whole refund thing, last year. They know that people is still very angry. They probably were afraid of it. Unfortunately, the Stones management's lack of understanding is not the only problem...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1513
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home