Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

rolling stones on i-tunes "plus"
Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: June 2, 2007 20:50

just sampled a few stones tracks on the new i-tunes "plus" service ($1.29 per download, supposedly "higher quality" than the 99 cent versions).

i can't notice a damn thing that's different as far as the sound quality.

anybody else tried i-tunes "plus"?

drew

Re: rolling stones on i-tunes "plus"
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 2, 2007 22:48

Not yet........But I've been wondering the same thing,can you really tell the difference?

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: June 2, 2007 22:54

call me cynical,but perhaps they intend to lower the quality of the 99cent downloads,and its really about price increase!!

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: June 2, 2007 23:15

hang on a minute. i'm assuming you already have the vinyl/cds. so why are you paying to download them too ?

that makes no sense at all

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: June 3, 2007 00:58

andy js Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hang on a minute. i'm assuming you already have
> the vinyl/cds. so why are you paying to download
> them too ?
>
> that makes no sense at all

I 'sampled' but didn't buy ... but I WOULD buy if the sound quality was superior!!

drew

Date: June 3, 2007 02:30

but it'll never be superior to the actual cds. its just a better mp3

when was rock n roll supposed to be about sound quality anyway ?, the likes of JJF still sound best on 7" vinyl

i seriously cannot see why anybody pays money to own a piece of worthless 'data'

Posted by: it's_all_wrong ()
Date: June 3, 2007 03:32

drewmaster Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> just sampled a few stones tracks on the new
> i-tunes "plus" service ($1.29 per download,
> supposedly "higher quality" than the 99 cent
> versions).
>
> i can't notice a damn thing that's different as
> far as the sound quality.
>
> anybody else tried i-tunes "plus"?
>
> drew

it's 256 kbps as opposed to the old ones, which are 128 kbps, so it is better quality and no DRM. Not bad, but still nothing can beat lossless files straight from the CD.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 3, 2007 08:54

The only 'plus' about it is the lack of DRM, meaning it can be played anywhere and copied as many times as you like without issue. DRM prevents "unauthorized" copying. Many tapers are still frustrated by Sony's use of DRM in that a minidisc, once recorded on, can only be transfered once digitally. The disc is then imprinted with the signature of that computer. So if you ever want to grab that song digitally again, you have to do it on the EXACT SAME COMPUTER as you had before. Really sucks if you're like me and had to format your desktop two years later...

Date: June 3, 2007 12:54

talking of mini discs. i have a bunch of em from years ago. how do i transfer em to my pc/mac ?

any hints appreciated

Posted by: frankie ()
Date: June 3, 2007 16:06

The only way to do it fast is with the help of the sony mz-rh1 md walkman. This is the only device that can upload you're old md's. The machine is a dream for musiclovers. it has optical input mic. input analog input. line out and headphone out. This unit is a hi-md unit hi-md's are discs that can hold 1 gig of data/music. The unit has to work with sony's software sonicstage. It's not cheap but once you have it you can't do without.

[www.sony-europe.com]

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 3, 2007 18:51

What Frankie said. Fantastic little unit. I have an MZ-RH910 and its a beauty. The MZ-RH1 is hands down the best minidisc unit on the market. Hi-MD rocks!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1360
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home