Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT, JETHRO TULL in Tenerife tonite
Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: May 21, 2007 20:02

Hola,

Jethro Tull live tonite here in Tenerife,Spain, it will be at the Auditorium, I´ll take pictures from there and keep you inform about the concert in their Aqualung Tour 2007,

Carlitos
Tenerife, Spain

Re: OT, JETHRO TULL in Tenerife tonite
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 21, 2007 21:12

Ya're lucky, Carlitos! smiling smiley
Gotta have a competent promotor down there.

Posted by: JordiStones ()
Date: May 21, 2007 21:29

Have a good concert Carlitos!
Congratulations! You have a nice Auditorium.

Posted by: domingo ()
Date: May 21, 2007 23:18

Vaya Carlitos,que suerte...aqui en Gran Canaria la gente no se mueve tanto para traer a grupos...hay que joderse!!!!

Date: May 22, 2007 03:57

That´s me!!!
are you doing concert around here? always love to do that, if you need info let me know,
carlos
tenerife

Date: May 22, 2007 04:03

La verdad que últimamente no nos podemos quejar de los conciertos por aqui, está viniendo de lo mejor la pena que son demasiados y a veces el mismo dia y no da tiempo, el dia 1 de Junio voy a Josele Santiago, el mismo dia Los Ronaldos y creo que en Junio o Julio Joe Cocker, en Las Palmas también amigo,
Por cierto Jordi la venta de entradas en Bcn y Mad, va mal verdad?
Un abrazo a ustedes y a los otros hispano parlantes,
Carlos
Tenerife

Lately we cant complaint about concerts in Tenerife, important bands and artist are comin over here, but sometimes the concerts are at the same time, next June 1st Josele Santiago and Los Ronaldos and in June or July Joe Cocker as well.
By the way Jordi how are the tix sales in Barcelona and Madrid so far? are they good or bad?
Big hug to spanish people
Carlos
Tenerife

Date: May 22, 2007 04:07

Just arrived now from the Show, tomorrow will explain the concert, great perfomance of Ian and his friends, great audience and great sound and music
I could take any picture from there, at the end of the first song, he approach one fan at the venue and he ask please to stop recording the show, quoted " could you please stop recording with your @#$%& camera the show? just enjoy the @#$%& show, relax and enjoy it, that´s all! "
what do you think?
tomorrow more...

Carlos
Tenerife

Posted by: backstreetboy ()
Date: May 22, 2007 04:52

hows his voice lately,once was great.

john scialfa

Posted by: thor ()
Date: May 22, 2007 05:32

I saw the original Aqualung tour in 1973 (?) and saw Tull again about 5 years ago and there was no comparison. Total disappointment and then when they launched into a "medley" of Aqualung songs.....I was almost out the door. Sometimes you just "cant go back".

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 22, 2007 09:17

Saw them 1983: very, very good!!

Anderson seems to be nervous over that kind of fan.
Guess I would be that too.

Looking forward to the review; but please enjoy yer beauty sleep first.
Maybe a nice visit at the Tenerife beach in order to clear the mind. smiling smiley

Date: May 22, 2007 19:39

The review about the concert,
Jethro Tull in Tenerife
Aqualung Tour 2007

Ian Anderson, Martin Barre, Doane Perry, David Goodlier and John O´Hara jumped the stage around 9:13 pm at the Auditorio de Tenerife in Santa Cruz, they began the show just with the harmonica and main guitar with A Song For Jeffrey, spectacular song incluided at rock and Roll Circus by the Stones, absolutely superb starting of the show, after that, Ian Anderson stopped one fan in the audience to give his camera one of the enginers of the band with these words "could you stop your @#$%& recording with that camera, man, just relax and enjoy the @#$%& show"...
After that the band played Living in the past and all those great songs. The members of the band were fantastic, Ian Anderson and his poses were really funny and great enterteiner, the sound was great and his voice as well.
I didnt like a couple tunes where they played some songs by Mozart and Bernstein,
He talked about his old ages with the band, about his son, about Cliff Richard, about the actual situation of America and Bush, Led Zeppelin and they just had a bis. The concert was 2 hours long. Best moments Sweet Dreams, This is a Brick,Aqualung, Locomotive Breath and the other songs I said before.
Interesting concert with great audience people around 40´s average, 1.500 people were outside the Auditorio before and after the show sharing their hachis, wine and beers and chats about that night.
Hoping that you IORR member one day are coming to visit me.
As I promise about the pictures after Ian said, I was afraid he took my camera from me, just a couple bad pfotos from yesterday night.

Carlitos
Tenerife, Canary Islands

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: May 22, 2007 21:40

Here's a photo I shot of Ian Anderson back in October 2006 in the USA

Date: May 22, 2007 22:00

could ypu post more pictures from that concert in USA please?
Carlos

Posted by: JordiStones ()
Date: May 22, 2007 22:05

carlitosbaez Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Por cierto Jordi la venta de entradas en Bcn y
> Mad, va mal verdad?

Yo no diría que la venta de entradas va mal. De hecho en Bcn sólo quedan de las zonas más alejadas del escenario. Teniendo en cuenta que todavía no hay ningún cartel anunciando el concierto en toda la ciudad y todavía no he visto ni oído ninguna publicidad en radio o TV. No se si se acabarán las entradas, pero estoy convencido que el Estadio Olímpico estará a tope y con un ambientazo fabuloso, como sus Satánicas Majestades merecen.

> By the way Jordi how are the tix sales in Barcelona and Madrid so far? are
> they good or bad?

I would not say that the ticket sales is bad. In fact in Bcn the tickets left are these which are far away from the stage. Bearing in mind that no posters or publicity has been done yet in the media, radio or TV. I don't know if tickets will be sold out, but I'm sure that Estadio Olímpico will be full and with fabulous ambient, like the Satanic Majesties deserves.

Date: May 22, 2007 23:01

I'll post some more tomorrow. The images are on my work computer.

Date: May 23, 2007 06:37

Here's a few more Ian Anderson's that I shot in October 2006 USA. File sizes are a bit big...feel free to print out and hang on your Ice Box.

Date: May 24, 2007 19:04

Those are pretty much the only ones worth posting. They all start to look the same. They are from Ian's tour with a Symphony last year. Candid photo is from after the show. He came out and mingled in the front of the house for a few minutes.

Date: May 25, 2007 02:40

Million of thanks for your pics!!
muchas gracias they are great!!

Carlos
Tenerife

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1232
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home