Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Gimme Shelter the soundtrack
Posted by: rooster ()
Date: May 17, 2007 21:08

With additional tracks...do you like it? After playing ''Ya Ya s for 30 years i play the Gimme shelter soundtrack cd album more often...i miss MR..and live with me....i remember buying that Decca album as a teenager"""Gimme Shelter'' and it wasnt Altamont!!I rreally like this its super....Taylor shine s all the way..and you got ''Prodigal son '' and some scary altamont tunes(no overdubs??)...do you like this boot?And we also we got Tina...Gram and the airplane...i loveya ya...but this album a real sign of that time...love that early version of ''Wild Horses''is this on lp boot?

Re: Gimme Shelter the soundtrack
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 17, 2007 21:09

Rooster is this available officially?

Date: May 17, 2007 21:21

Its a bootleg....anyone has it?

Date: May 17, 2007 21:24

I actually have the DVD and have never been able to watch it because it doesn't play in my player for some strange reason

Date: May 17, 2007 21:37

The cd is more fun i tell you!!

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: May 17, 2007 22:07

Sounds like a good boot. Another one is the audience recording of the whole Altamont gig... a double CD in good quality. The sound is raw but very well balanced -- even the bass is clear. In any case, it's probably the spookiest recording in my collection... it has everything you hear in the movie but the rest as well. The gig was great, so I'd like to have an edited version without all the scuffle and interruptions and desperate moans, just to be able to enjoy the music as a normal concert. But as it is now -- a wicked documentary unlike anything else.

Date: May 17, 2007 22:16

The soundtrack cd has many MSG tunes...not mixed they sound very raw.

Date: May 17, 2007 22:22

The end of the album could be MR...but is a jam With Ike and Tina...some songs are not complete...if commplete with MR from MSG it could beat YA Ya s

Date: May 17, 2007 22:24

I have been wanting the Altamont show forever!

Date: May 17, 2007 22:34

Well on this album you got the three climax songs ...SFTD..UMT.GS.LQ is from NY is perfect...a real satisfaction...should be on YA Ya s!! Prodigal son Should be included to..try to get it

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: May 18, 2007 15:18

The DVD was only released in the US so will only play on US/region 1 players.

Just recently there was a new boot CD of Gimme Shelter which says its straight off the master reels.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: May 18, 2007 16:28

rooster Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well on this album you got the three climax songs
> ...SFTD..UMT.GS.LQ is from NY is perfect...a real
> satisfaction...should be on YA Ya s!! Prodigal
> son Should be included to..try to get it

Unfortunately, Prodigal Son is marred by fact that Keith's Dobro guitar goes badly out of tune, and Keith's attempts to tune it while playing the song are not really sucessful... So it is easy to see why this song was not included on Ya Ya's. I was always keen on getting a great soundboard recoding of Prodigal Son from 1969 and became quite enthusiastic when the Criterion announced that their expanded Gimme Shelter version would indeed include a complete version of this song (one of my favourite Stones blues numbers, by the way). However, my disappointment was quite big when I noticed that Keith's out of tune guitar renders this version nearly unlistenable...

Date: May 18, 2007 16:37

GR,
I live in the US, which only adds to my frustration with not being able to view the DVD - I'll get around to returning/rebuying it maybe someday. LOL

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: May 19, 2007 13:34

VL13

I'm in England with a multi region DVD player and GS is the only disc that ever crashed the machine !!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1394
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home