Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT-Just Heard The New Mccartney Album In Full
Posted by: CrazyDadda ()
Date: May 16, 2007 19:04

It sounds like a modern day Mccartney II, it only had 2 slow songs on the album, and some might think there could be rap beats on the song "Mr. Bellamy", but for a couple of clunkers, I give it 3 out of 5 stars. Only Mama Knows is a real rocker, reminds me of Mick's God Gave Me Everything.

Re: OT-Just Heard The New Mccartney Album In Full
Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 16, 2007 19:06

"a modern day Mccartney II" Boy, is that faint praise or what?

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: May 16, 2007 19:09

shit ain't it

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: May 16, 2007 22:17

Coming Up, On The Way, Waterfalls & One Of These Days are all up there with the best of maccas solo work in my opinion.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-21 13:03 by vudicus.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: May 16, 2007 23:05

Well, I really like it after a few listens. There are the usual things that annoy, like cringe-worthy lyrics from time to time, but I find most of it quite good once it sets in a bit.

That once perfect voice is showing wear & tear but the songs are creative, particularly the medley at the end. "That Was Me", "Feet In The Clouds", House Of Wax" and The End of The End" are great! Interesting production, overall I like more songs than I don't.

I will say that if you don't like Paul, or gave up on him years ago, this probably isn't the album that will change your mind! It's very "Paul" where his last one was a bit of a departure.

I'm just glad the man is still making music and I quite enjoy most of his recent output!

Ross

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: May 17, 2007 01:05

This is all merely promobabble. Starbucks wants to make big bucks with big stars now, you know. I'll take my time listening to that disc in a store before I buy or don't buy it. It's good that I did this extensive check with McCartneys previous disc, C&C in the Backyard, because it turned out to be a sleeper of an album somewhat, and I didn't buy it. Hopefully this new one will be more enjoyable.

Of his recent material, Flaming Pie and Flowers in the Dirt are really good, Off the Ground and Run Devil Run are fairly solid, but Driving Rain and C&C are so-so somehow, still the former got more of its moments than the latter.

We'll see how it turns out.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: May 17, 2007 01:17

This will be his 6th studio album since 1997.At least he's turning them out on a regular basis.

I always thought Flaming Pie was one of his best ever.

sc uk

Posted by: lazy-slob ()
Date: May 17, 2007 01:37

I haven't heard it yet, I will buy it when it comes.

But I will say that some of you should beware being negative before you haven't even heard a note! I'll bet you wouldn't do it if it were some well-known band!

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: May 17, 2007 01:45

How did you people hear the album in full? Is it on the web somewhere?

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: May 17, 2007 02:21

Mr Jimmy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How did you people hear the album in full? Is it
> on the web somewhere?

I got it from the newsgroups. It was leaked a few days ago. Not the best sound quality...a bit of digital noise...very listenable, but not perfect.

The best one I found was in the mP4 format on alt.binaries.beatles

Disclaimer: The quality of these files is below CD quality...great for a preview but you will prefer the legitimate release!

Ross

Posted by: "fimp" ()
Date: May 17, 2007 05:31

Paul?

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 17, 2007 11:05

Just jsut downloaded it to give it a try, it isn't bad but I don't think I would buy it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1953
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home