Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Short preview of new McCartney album
Posted by: lazy-slob ()
Date: April 27, 2007 11:07

Here's a short review from a journalist. Looks like it's gonna be experimental again AND NOTHING LIKE "EVER PRESTENT PAST"!

"The first thought I could share with you is that, liking it or not, Paul McCartney really did some interesting stuff with the follow-up of Chaos And Creation In The Backyard. He could have rested on his laurels due to the major approval of his latest CD by fans and critics. Either way, he decided to make a different album, with tracks that sound much more experimental. Some of them, are hard to describe, like the superb psychedelic "House Of Wax", a personal favourite. Introspective lyrics and dark orchestration in the mood of "Riding To Vanity Fair", but different.

Another highly interesting song recorded for the album is "Mr. Bellamy". Several fun vocal performances, chord changes, great instrumentation and some sarcasm on Macca's tone. There's a particular instance where he says "steady!" with a sinister voice! This song also shines for its harmonies, just superb.

I also noticed that Paul's taking much more care with production details than he's done on "Flaming Pie" and "Driving Rain" albums, and that proves true on "Memory Almost Full", due to the time he and David Kahne took with the songs. That will be revealed to everyone as soon as the album comes out. At last, but not least, for those who think the album's songs are similar to "Ever Present Past" - in a good or bad view - I can affirm that it has little or nothing of the track's whole fell.

That's all I can say for now. And it's important to mention that I haven't got the album. I only listened to it!

All the best!
Claudio Dirani"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1809
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home