Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT - Gun Face
Posted by: humanriff77 ()
Date: April 17, 2007 01:40

Hi US freinds

After today its time to ban the NRA, ban the sale of guns and bury the cowboy past,33 young people shot dead, its gone too far.
In the words of the great Bob Dylan "when you gonna wake up"

Re: OT - Gun Face
Posted by: SanctifiedMind ()
Date: April 17, 2007 04:15

The 2nd amendment has an interesting part that is just about universally ignored. Something in there about a militia. How hard would it be to require anyone who wants a gun to receive extensive training in it's use along with requiring some militia or national guard type service? Seems entirely within the spirit of the amendment to me.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: April 17, 2007 06:14

i'm actually not going to get into politics here - though i'm all for banning guns and i've heard about the militia part of the 2nd amendment - i just really want to say, i love that song!!

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: April 17, 2007 11:24

I don't think it will make any difference whether guns are banned or not, Look at Dunblane in Scotland and also in Russia a couple of years ago. All those children shot and murdered in schools just as in America, so what difference has gun laws made, None.

If someone wants to do this they will find away, what a very sad world we live in. I'm not one for politics normally but this sort of thing has to be spoken about.

Posted by: humanriff77 ()
Date: April 17, 2007 13:00

Pgarof you are VERY wrong, the numbers of incidents of weapons related violence in the USA is about 100 times what it is in Europe. Banning access in the USA would reduce levels immediately. The incident at Dunblane was a very unusual and isolated incident, I am currently living in the UK and an individual non fatal shooting incident will be front page news, in LA or Washington DC there are dozens of such shootings every day. and comparing to Russia is crazy, their is a war going on in Chechyna, their is not a war going on in the USA.
There will always be psychos, but the way weapons are available in the USA is to many Europeans self destructive, verging on deranged.

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: April 17, 2007 15:03

humanriff77 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Pgarof you are VERY wrong, the numbers of
> incidents of weapons related violence in the USA
> is about 100 times what it is in Europe. Banning
> access in the USA would reduce levels immediately.
> The incident at Dunblane was a very unusual and
> isolated incident, I am currently living in the UK
> and an individual non fatal shooting incident will
> be front page news, in LA or Washington DC there
> are dozens of such shootings every day. and
> comparing to Russia is crazy, their is a war going
> on in Chechyna, their is not a war going on in the
> USA.
> There will always be psychos, but the way weapons
> are available in the USA is to many Europeans self
> destructive, verging on deranged.

Yes I can see that now, living in the UK you only see what is shown on the media etc, but this country has been getting worse over the past few years even in the past few months we have had fatal shootings, but as you say it's out of proportion with America. All I was trying to say is that if someone wanted to go into a public place and cause havoc with a gun they could do it anywhere in the world no matter what there gun laws are.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-17 15:04 by pgarof.

Posted by: textmonkey ()
Date: April 17, 2007 15:05

I'm completely anti guns m'self...but I think Chris Rock had the right idea with his idea of bullet control...

"People would think before they killed somebody, if a bullet cost $ .

''Man, l would blow your f***ing head off,
if l could afford it.

''l'm gonna get me another job,
l'm gonna start saving some money...

''and you're a dead man."

Posted by: SanctifiedMind ()
Date: April 17, 2007 15:08

I'm no fan of guns.
Banning guns in the U.S. is not a realistic position.
The 2nd amendment has been read very selectively for a long time.
Constructively implementing the entire 2nd Amendment will go a long way towards eliminating incidents like the one that just occurred, Columbine and others. Most of the rest of the world have a more socially responsible attitude towards firearms. The U.S. has drawn the line in the wrong place. Somehow, military firearms are not available to the general population, neither are personal nuclear weapons; somehow that's not against the 2nd amendment. We need to move the line.

Posted by: nellcote'71 ()
Date: April 17, 2007 15:33

"We need to move the line" ??

WE NEED TO BAN THE GUNS

Date: April 17, 2007 18:02

Your just coming to this conclusion now. What took so long?

Posted by: 5string ()
Date: April 17, 2007 18:16

I guess Mick and Keith need to turn in their S&W 38's for meltdown!!

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: April 17, 2007 22:41

As an American, I don't think a total ban on guns is necessary, but I sure would like to see it get a whole lot harder for someone to purchase a gun.

I talk to a pawn shop owner once in a while who tells me that he occasionally has to fill out the paperwork for a prospective gun owner when they are not able to read and complete it for themselves. Last time I talked with this guy, his latest customer could answer "what city do you live in," but did not know what state!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 17, 2007 22:41

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: April 17, 2007 22:42

That looks like a flare gun!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1519
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home