Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

What Is Up With O2 Tix Going on Sale, Then Off Sale, Then On, Then Off
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: April 6, 2007 07:05

I have seen this happening in the last several days. And I believe it has been for both shows. Why?

Is it the Stones, Ticketmaster, or both who decide on this?

The Plexiglass

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-06 07:06 by timbernardis.

Re: What Is Up With Stones O2 Tix Going on Sale, Then Off Sal, Then On, Then Off
Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: April 6, 2007 07:12

Hey plex,

In the U.K. ticketmaster often 'shuts down' overnight. For example if you try and buy tickets for a particular event, you often cannot do it during the middle of the night.

It is quite erratic and not very consistent though.

For example, about two hours ago (3am London time) I was looking on ticketmaster at stones tickets, and there was this new event, the aftershow party at the indigo club called 'lets spend the night together'. Basically just a venue next door that is selling tickets for £20 for a late night bar / club for people that have just been to the stones show at the O2 arena.

Well, I clicked on tickets for 21st, and it said tickets were unavailable. I mean, you couldnt even select number of tickets etc. But for the 23rd show, it was possible to buy tickets for the indigo club night.

But, like I said, it is common for ticketmaster.co.uk to become 'unavailable for ticket purchases' through the night. You can still view the site, but when it comes to buying tickets, that department is not available until the morning.

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Re: What Is Up With O2 Tix Going on Sale, Then Off Sale, Then On, Then Off
Posted by: lodge ()
Date: April 6, 2007 10:01

Unlike Ticketmaster.com in the US the ticketmaster.co.uk never shuts down, but does make the overnight revue/accounting in blocks and different times sequences. Ticketmaster US has one or two hours which you can't get in at all. I assume that's the difference.
What I also found out with ticketmaster is that they throw in a bunch of seats and then again and again, whereas in Germany with the exact seating plan you where able to choose your seat you wanted. The ticketmaster system is quite confusing as very good seats might pop up just some days before the event. That happens to me in Anaheim and London. That's a bit frustrating especially if you're a fan looking for good seats and then you don't get anything decent even with a presale code. This is by the way not only rs.com, also other actors which work with Ultrastar or such companies. They charge for the code, but state clearly that you have only the right for presale but NOT for better seats, which you at least hope for

Posted by: TE ()
Date: April 6, 2007 10:30

Could be lots of reasons. The most perfect would be ruin the life for the scalpers.
Compear the London gigs to MSG in New York and it's same same. Tickets, sometimes even great ones, will show up again and again.
I kept calm last time with the MSG show after advice from the 'mericans and scored quite OK tickets. This was a months after it was sold out
If you don't have tickets to O2 I or II, hang around ticketmaster and stay away from the scalpers. O2 III should happen and more tickets will show up every now and then. Me think...

Te
Oslo

Posted by: Tralala ()
Date: April 6, 2007 11:57

I thought it was because people order tickets, then fail to pick them up... Or fail to pay what they have ardered. After deadling, tickets are put back into sale. Could be I'm wrong, but this happens with ticketmaster.no all the time.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: April 6, 2007 12:25

if you already have a ticket, why are you looking every day anyway ?

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: April 6, 2007 17:39

andy js Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> if you already have a ticket, why are you looking
> every day anyway ?

I still need 2 tix for o2 I for my kids.

Lots of people on this board just look to see what is going on ticket-wise even after they have tix.

the Plexiglass

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: April 6, 2007 17:46

>I still need 2 tix for o2 I for my kids.

fair enough mate

>Lots of people on this board just look to see what is going on ticket-wise even after they have tix.

weird!

you'll be able to get tickets right up to the day of the gig. trust me

Posted by: TE ()
Date: April 6, 2007 18:14

andy js Wrote:
> weird!

It's half the fun of a Stones tour for us non-english speaking guys and girls... Typing in those cute words at ticket*aster.

TE
Oslo

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 7, 2007 13:41

TE Wrote:
> andy js Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > weird!
>
> It's half the fun of a Stones tour for us
> non-english speaking guys and girls... Typing in
> those cute words at ticket*aster.
>
> TE
> Oslo

My favourite was "asswage"

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: April 7, 2007 14:56

It should make you think it's sold out but it isn't. So I think you still have the chance to get a ticket.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1389
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home