Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT Sing This All Together
Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: December 27, 2009 04:17

My favorite U2 song:

Re: OT Sing This All Together
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: December 27, 2009 07:14

DUDE - you're just BEGGING for trouble!

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: December 27, 2009 10:18

Wow....actually one of the very few U2 songs that I like lol

Posted by: boogie1969 ()
Date: December 27, 2009 23:28

Wow....actually one of the very few U2 songs that I like lol

I actually feel the opposite, this is the song that ruined it for me. I actually liked them quite a bit until this came out. Except for a few random songs here and there, I haven't much cared for them since.

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: December 27, 2009 23:46

And so it goes. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't mean squat.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: December 27, 2009 23:48

Trip Through Your Wire

Posted by: boogie1969 ()
Date: December 28, 2009 03:12

Your right, it's just an opinion and doesn't mean squat. On the flipside, I loved Where The Streets Have No Name from the same album. They just went in a different direction that I felt moved too far away from my personal definition of Rock n Roll, and it just wasn't to my taste. Doesn't mean they actually started to suck or anything. They changed, which I respect, but don't like the results of. I saw an interview MTV had with Bono right before he went onstage for the opening nite of the Joshua Tree tour where he said they were going in a different direction, and, if I remember correctly, weren't going to do a lot of the earlier I Will Follow type songs. I apologize if I'm wrong about any of this, it was 20 years ago. He said something along the lines of, "We'll probably lose a lot of the pop kids, but then, we don't really need them anymore". I was one of those kids and I decided I didn't need them anymore.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: December 28, 2009 22:34

I love their Rattle and Hum album - My one knock on U2 is Bono takes himself FAR too seriously.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1579
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home