Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: The WHO ends concert on 1st song, Tampa 3/14/07
Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: March 15, 2007 15:27

I thought Roger's voice sounded kinda bad last Thursday in Washington, DC. Toward the end of the DC show Pete made mention that Roger had been a little under the weather. Article below:

The Who Ends Concert During First Song
AP

TAMPA, Fla. (March 14) - Fans of the Who left a Tampa amphitheater disappointed after lead singer Roger Daltrey walked off the stage during the band's first song.

Several minutes after Daltrey's departure, guitarist Pete Townshend announced that Tuesday night's show had been canceled. He told the crowd that Daltrey had bronchitis.

"I just talked to Roger and he can barely speak," Townshend said. "I tried to get him to come out here, but he's really, really sick."

The 9,000 people at the show cheered when Townshend told them the concert would be made up March 25.

Re: OT: The WHO ends concert on 1st song, Tampa 3/14/07
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 15, 2007 16:32

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: March 15, 2007 22:01

My wife won a meet and greet through the fan club before the show that was canceled due to Roger's illness. It was a special setlist without wire and glass but with Relay and 5:15 added for the Tampa summit. Two killer versions of 5:15 were done in the sound check along with Bargain.

[web.mac.com]

[web.mac.com]

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: March 16, 2007 07:31

At least this time they didn't ask if there were any VOCALISTS in the crowd to help them finish the show...

Posted by: IgotDbluez ()
Date: March 16, 2007 18:57

Great pics, Steven...I loved the running commentary, too! How disappointing to be all psyched and ready to go - and then that happens!!

Here's hoping that Rog is well enough to perform at MY show next week!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2502
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home