Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stop Breaking Down
Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: March 13, 2007 21:37

Am listening to Exile the other day; just doing the usual discovering something new on the 50 Millionth listen-thru. As we know there are no weak songs on Exile. It is perfect. So there can be threads about any given song. I am bopping to SBD and I realized how much of a Jagger tune this is. And how many O/Ds there are. Because Jagger plays the rhythm guitar; maybe he out a guide vox with that take. Then he adds the harp. Because the harp is almost constantly blowing, once it starts. There are those lethal sonic blasts, there is the obvious soloing and then there is the comping that is Jagger's forte. This is some of Jagger's meanest dirtiest Harp playing. This is why I preferred his playing over Brian's. (And No! I did not kill Brian. Let's not even start, please)
Then,...he still has to recut the lead vox. I have a feeling that Stu, Taylor's slide all were part of the basic track.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Re: Stop Breaking Down
Posted by: liddas ()
Date: March 14, 2007 20:31

I wonder why no keith on this one!

But is it true?

For what matters, I can remember also guitar overdubs and a tricky turnaround. Taylor?

Another curiosity: on sway and breaking Jagger's guitars sound are soooo keith that one may think that he just picked up one of the master and kept all the settings of the amp untouched.

C

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 14, 2007 20:52

Stop Breaking Down...that's a 100% excellent blues, the outtake from 1970 is almost the exact same version.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: March 14, 2007 21:04

shit is gunna bust your brain now baby, gunna make you loose yo' mind...

Posted by: JaggerFan ()
Date: March 14, 2007 23:05

What a co-inky-dink. I just finished hearing that (Shine a Light is on now).

Yup, Jagger is the master - he and Keith picked up Open G tuning @ the same time, btw - Mick wrote Brown Suger entirely using it. Mick is a credibly attiquate guitar player.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: March 15, 2007 00:25

JaggerFan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What a co-inky-dink. I just finished hearing that
> (Shine a Light is on now).
>
> Yup, Jagger is the master - he and Keith picked up
> Open G tuning @ the same time, btw - Mick wrote
> Brown Suger entirely using it. Mick is a credibly
> attiquate guitar player.

In fact, until Exile it was Jagger who explored the open G tuning the most.

Mathijs

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 984
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home