Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT-"Neon Bible"
Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: March 7, 2007 18:10

Has nayone checked this new album from the Arcade Fire out yet? It is one of the best things I have heard in a long time. Maybe since I heard their first one. Somehow ne gets the feeling that they are important somehow; like some bands actually matter. Excellent album. Something else to talk about while the wait continues...

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Re: OT-"Neon Bible"
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 7, 2007 18:11

Yes..its very very good indeed.

Posted by: southboundtrain ()
Date: March 7, 2007 18:40

They're a good band. I saw them perform an outstanding show in San Francisco two years ago, one of three sold-out shows. I don't have the new album yet, but I like the new song "Black Mirror."

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: March 7, 2007 18:50

So.bound Train, actually "Black Mirror" IMO is the weakest song of the album. Several of my friends who have heard the album agree: that it is the only not superb tune on there. So that is actually good news. For you. If you want to buy the album.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: March 7, 2007 22:41

I bought it yesterday and played it in its entirety last night. Off an initial listen, I could tell there's some really good songs on there and I'm sure it will grow more on me with repeated listenings. I haven't seen them live yet, but I'm planning to this year.

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: March 7, 2007 23:13

They were on Saturday Night Live a few weeks back. I caught their first song and thought it/them very intriguing. Editorial -- I thought that they had the mics too low in the mix (I often do with SNL bands).

Anyhow, I meant to go to YouTube to see what else I could hear of theirs, and to find a cleaner version of that first song that they did. Unfortunately, my AADD got the best of me and I completely forgot too. I'll do that now.

Posted by: glimmer twin 81 ()
Date: March 8, 2007 03:32

it is a great album, but their very first album, funeral, is way better

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: March 8, 2007 04:32

Yeah, just picked it up. I loved Funeral...
I only have listened to half of it so far, and it sounds very deep and will take a few listens for it to fully resonate. I have no doubt it is a great disc.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1622
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home