Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Beacon attendees...
Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: March 4, 2007 00:59

Did we ever get a total head count of IORRs who got in to one of the two shows?

Beacon II for me.

Re: Beacon attendees...
Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 4, 2007 01:10

Beacon I and II for me.

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: March 4, 2007 01:22

Beacon II

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: March 4, 2007 02:31

1 and 2

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: March 4, 2007 02:35

Can you believe, I sat here in London, and went online with ticketmaster, and..... I got offered a seat for the second show. It wasn't the greatest seat, but....... WHAT THE F*CK!! It was the beacon theatre!! And, after I picked myself back up off the floor, I went to enter details and..... Oh no.... I'm not a resident if the U.S / Canada, so I can't buy the ticket... I can't imagine a divorce being anywhere near as painful...

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: Rev. Robert W. ()
Date: March 4, 2007 02:58

Beacon II

I sat next to Lee Radziwill, one of the great alltime beauties and the late Jackie O's sister.

I think they owed her a ticket from the time in '72 when Keith smashed a bottle of ketchup on her door in the middle of the night: "Come out here, Princess Radish, you old tart!"

I was impressed. She was dressed beautifully and stayed on her feet for a lot of it, watching closely with a very intent look on her face. The Princess finally took off during "Start Me Up."

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: March 4, 2007 03:14

This thread should be renamed the "HaHa - I went to the Beacon and you didn't" thread.

Obviously, I didn't gosad smiley

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: March 4, 2007 03:50

Rev. I must have been right near you, the Princess was a few rows in front of me. She was very elegant, her profile is very much like her sister's now. She looked classy, but somewhat out of place at a Stones concert.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: March 4, 2007 04:07

beacon 1 was my show, no rpincess near by, but little queenie was next to me and beast was elegant as always winking smiley!

Date: March 4, 2007 04:58

Beacon 2

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 4, 2007 06:18

Beacon II

Tried to get into Beacon I, no go.

Posted by: stonedmike ()
Date: March 4, 2007 06:38

beacon 2

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 4, 2007 07:11

Beacon 2

Date: March 4, 2007 07:13

I also spotted 2 inflatable palm trees in there !! Do they count as IORRs ?

Date: March 4, 2007 07:22

They're easy to spot when you're holding them in your hands.

Posted by: KWhinos ()
Date: March 4, 2007 07:36

Beacon 0 for me

Posted by: drake ()
Date: March 4, 2007 07:38

Beacon I & II
CindyC, I think you're the only IORR'er I met/saw in NY. =) You're also the only person to get a pic of me inside the gig and for that I owe you eternal thanks!!

-Drake

Posted by: fiftyamp ()
Date: March 4, 2007 07:39

both for me..Would have made the 3rd gig if they hadn't canceled...

Date: March 4, 2007 08:01

drake Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Beacon I & II
CindyC, I think you're the only IORR'er I met/saw in NY. =) You're also the only person to get a pic of me inside the gig and for that I owe you eternal thanks!!

You are very welcome!!! I sent you that file didn't I? Let me know if I didn't. That was cool to spot you, sorry we didn't get to talk though, next time for sure!

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: March 4, 2007 08:17

angee Wrote:
> Beacon II
>
> Tried to get into Beacon I, no go.

were you milling around outside before the show?

Date: March 4, 2007 09:55

CindyC Wrote:
> They're easy to spot when you're holding them in
> your hands.

And now I think of it, I'm SURE I also spotted them in that bar that we had a drink in before the show ! And also next to that bunch of NY's finest that were supposed to keeping some kind of order outside the theatre. The bastard things were EVERYWHERE !

Posted by: JK ()
Date: March 4, 2007 12:32

Beacon 1

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: March 4, 2007 14:24

so how was the show; how was the sound...let's get into the show kids...for us who couldn't be there...give us reviews and impressions and observations and experiences and stuff?? tanks

Date: March 4, 2007 16:28

Beelyboy Wrote:
> so how was the show; how was the sound...let's get
> into the show kids...for us who couldn't be
> there...give us reviews and impressions and
> observations and experiences and stuff?? tanks

I was in a state of total and utter delirious excitement from dawn that day, which got only worse as the day progressed. By the time we got in there, in between drinking white wine, smokin' a considerable amount of whatever the guy standin' next to me was smokin', waving my palm trees about, wavin' at the Mrs, wavin' at Beast, wavin' at Keith ... I'm probably not the best person to ask really !! Sorry 'bout that. Maybe someone less excitable can help you out !! The only thing I remember consciously thinking during "Some Girls" was how outrageously good their musicianship is when they put their minds to it and concentrate ! The other thing I was aware of was that Mick exhibited energy levels that on various occasions left me thinking that I'd never seen anything like it, not at ANY of the countless other stadium or arena shows on this (the ABcool smiley tour, or even other tours. Absolutely phenomenal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-03-04 16:31 by paulywaul.

Posted by: Payphone Al ()
Date: March 4, 2007 17:10

Attended the second Beacon show. Seats were on the floor about 5 rows back from the soundboard/mixer and just under the balcony overhang. The sound was muffled a bit because of the overhang but very nice. If I cupped my hands behind my ear, the high end of the sound came through crisp and clear. I actually perferred the sound without the ear cup thingy. After the first song the sound was consistant through out the night. Very, very powerful.

Bad notes were few and I don't think I cringed once from a bad note or sound smacking me in the head like I have at other shows. I would never try to put the shows I have seen in a ranking, but it rates right up there for sound, energy, exictment and showmanship.

Talked to Drake on the sidewalk outside the bar before the show. Being a little anti-social, I didn't meet others from IORR. Thats my bad.

Posted by: BSORocks ()
Date: March 4, 2007 17:17

My brother and I were at Beacon II. It was probably the most amazing experience of our lives...we were chosen as extras so we were ten feet away.

They were ON that night. Everybody. Great show. I'll never forget Mick acting like a man possessed during Sympathy.

Posted by: Tralala ()
Date: March 4, 2007 17:51

1 & 2 - and my eyes almost fell out...

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: March 4, 2007 18:05

...forum, 1969, front and center, row 4, next to michelle phillips ))

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 4, 2007 18:43

Beacon 1

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: March 4, 2007 18:54

TWO.

Had a great seat front row loge, but the very last seat at the far left, but being front row, once I saw no one stopping any photos, then realizing I left my camera card in the hotel before a very sweet (and sweet looking) girl loaned me her card for the rest of the night, I was able to fire away unobstructed.

I just saw recently that one of my photos became the back cover of the boot of the show on bootcoverz. Flattered, but no solid idea how they got my photo, but have an idea. I want royalties!!!

Very high level intensity/energy for this show, much more than most other shows. Best songs for me were Champagne and Reefer with Buddy Guy and All Down the Line. The latter was the best version I had ever seen going back to and including 75, bar none.

Charlie only used one piece of Plexiglass instead of the normal two.

Was outside going all around outside the theater during Beacon I, could hear just a bit, got chewed out by a Stones crew person for standing and trying to look in through an open door.

Saw BV at II about 3 times, mostly in the lounge with a drink.

I had someone take a picture of me getting my wristband put on.

anyway, this is getting boring, so stop

plexiglass

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1419
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home