Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick Jagger and Martin Scorsese
Posted by: RadioMarv ()
Date: February 27, 2007 19:50

Just read this on AintItCoolNews.com

Marty is totally one of us... a HUGE STONES FAN!

<Mick Jagger and Martin Scorsese.

Scorsese is packing a lot on his plate right now, but every project his name is announced as attached to sounds interesting, so I can't complain.

The flick in question is called THE LONG PLAY, a rock-n-roll epic that Scorsese is in line to direct, Monahan is in line to rewrite and Jagger is in line to produce. All based on an idea by Mick Jagger.

Paramount has it right now. The film would follow two friends through over 40 years in the music business, starting in the early days of R&B and going through modern hip-hop. Since Variety also mentioned the "rock-n-roll epic" part, one would assume it'll encompass that aspect as well. This is a weird-sounding project. Not the premise so much as the people attached to make it happen. Count me intrigued.>

Re: Mick Jagger and Martin Scorsese
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 27, 2007 20:06

Thats been on the cards now for about 3 years. I was surprised to read a report on it today - I assumed either it had fallen by the wayside or it was just an old story. Guess it means they're making plans for it again.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: February 27, 2007 21:12

Well thats news to me.
I'm surprised that Shine A Light got done pretty fast, or was that also in the planning for three or more years

Date: February 27, 2007 21:13

Its not done yet. They dont get feature length films edited that fast. It'll be a few months yet.

[www.eonline.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-02-27 21:16 by Gazza.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: February 27, 2007 21:42

Yes, I'm aware that editing hasn't finished yet - but I rather meant the time
between projecting a film and actually getting it in the cans.
SAL seems to have been planned at much shorter notice - but maybe it's just me, not really paying attention.

Both of 'em working together might have given the new/old project a good kick - no?

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 27, 2007 21:47

or the Oscars might simply have led to the resuscitation of old news.
i hope the Long Play project is going to be pursued - it sounds like a brilliant subject for a film
and in such beautifully qualified hands it should be way way cool.

Date: February 27, 2007 23:27

open-g Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes, I'm aware that editing hasn't finished yet -
> but I rather meant the time
> between projecting a film and actually getting it
> in the cans.
> SAL seems to have been planned at much shorter
> notice - but maybe it's just me, not really paying
> attention.
>
> Both of 'em working together might have given the
> new/old project a good kick - no?

Ok, I see what you mean - well I guess its easier to get a concert documentary together. No need for work on scripts, plots and less editing and post production required. The turnaround time between the genesis of the idea and the project being finished would be normally significantly less than for a feature film.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 27, 2007 23:40

For years now it has been rumoured that Mick and Scorsese have been
planning a doco style movie on the life and times of Delta bluesman Robert Johnson...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: February 28, 2007 00:17

Maybe the project has new life and financial backers now that Scorsese has won an Oscar

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: March 1, 2007 02:26

I don't think it sounds" weird" at all, it sounds awesome! If Martin is involved, it will be top shelf. What a great coup for Mick that Martin was impressed enough with his idea to run with it. I wonder if Mick or any of the Stones will actually be in it, even in cameo roles. I love Scorcese films and especially love that he uses lots of Stones music! The man has great taste!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1368
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home