Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Simple Question
Posted by: Sticky Dice ()
Date: February 9, 2007 04:13

I donĀ“t know if someone posted something like this before, but I gotta a question that I wanna be solved, a friend of mine loves the stones, and guns, and she told me that both bands played together more than one time.
Well I only know Salt of the earth from Atlantic City 1989.
So the question is simple:
How many times they played together?
Or saying it better:
Did Mick ever performed with Axl before or after Salt of the Earth?

Thanks

Re: Simple Question
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 9, 2007 11:38

theyve never played with Guns n Roses as a band, but Axl Rose and Izzy Stradlin guested on 'salt of the earth' at all three Atlantic City shows in December 1989

G'n'R did open for the Stones at a few shows earlier on that tour, however - LA, I think.

Slash has guested with Woody a few times as well.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 9, 2007 11:42

Izzy Stradlin and the Ju Ju Hounds
Ronnie helps out on guitar/vocals Take A Look At The Guy

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Sticky Dice ()
Date: February 9, 2007 17:26

Thanks a lot guyswinking smiley

Posted by: thumbprint ()
Date: February 9, 2007 18:01

I saw two of the four LA shows in '89 (saw the last two & missed Clapton with them on Little Red Rooster by one night). Those shows opened w/ Living Colour, then G'n'R, then Stones. I wasn't really a G'n'R fan (still not), but I do remember being impresseed by their show. Like Aerosmith, kind of a Stones Lite thing: five piece, two guitars, lead singer, blah, blah... Anyway, they rocked. What I remember that impressed me though, was the show was at the giant LA Coloseum & during the G'n'R set one night Axl ran completely around the running track & the other night he came on stage on a bicycle & later rode that entirely around the track. It was great! No G'n'R's played on stage with the Stones at either of those shows though.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: February 9, 2007 21:28

youtube has a good clip of slash burnin' down paradise city with ron on git and vokes; don't have link but saw it there not long ago.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1694
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home