Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Gram Parsons Trubute.. other dvds
Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: February 6, 2007 16:24

Was wondering if its worthing picking up the Gram tribute dvd. Love Keith's performance with Norah Jones but have not seen the rest of it...

Was also wondering if anyone has Page and Plants Unledded dvd and if the Beatles rooftop performance is available on dvd. I am looking for some new music dvds and am trying to find some good stuff I don't already have.

Re: Gram Parsons Trubute
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 6, 2007 16:43

the Gram Parsons tribute is a real nice DVD, and the proceeds from the sale of it go to a worthy cause,
so: yes, it's worth it. Keith's performance is the jewel in the crown, but the crown ain't half bad either.
and Polly Parson's commentary on how it all came to pass is really interesting -
i didn't even notice that was on the disk until someone thoughtfully urged me to listen to it.

Re: Gram Parsons Trubute.. other dvds
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 6, 2007 16:47

The rest of it is also worth getting - stellar performances from Lucinda Williams, Steve Earle amongst many others. The rest of Keith's set is excellent as well.

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: February 6, 2007 17:48

Really good DVD and I play it a lot. Got another one off the net featuring Emmy Lou and organised by her with an interview by John Hiatt. Also features Gillian Welch, Ryan Adams (don't think Emmy was too taken with him), Steve Earle and some artists whose work I didn't know who are great fun and some that I can't remember right now. A link between both is the excellent Jim Lauderdale and I have been to see him live twice recently largely as a result of his performances on these DVDs. Think I took it off Torrent Spy. It's out there somewhere and worth getting a hold of if you like Gram's music.

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: February 6, 2007 18:27

Should have pointed out that the "other" DVD which I got off the internet is also a Gram Parsons tribute concert (maybe you would have guessed that anyway).

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: February 6, 2007 22:57

Looks like I need to pick it up!!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 6, 2007 23:10

Dont just pick it up....make sure ya open it and play it....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: February 7, 2007 00:47

Hi, I was in this concert at Universal Atm, I believe 2004, and it was a great concert, all of them!! the finale incredible, all together,keith, nora and a Gospel chorus, anyone know if thereĀ“s a torrent link to get this concert?
here in Spain is almost imposible get that dvd,
many thanks,
carlos
canary islands,tenerife
spain

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 7, 2007 00:50

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 7, 2007 15:28

if you need a region-free PAL version: [www.amazon.co.uk]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1860
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home