Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

New Book on Stones
Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: January 26, 2007 14:49

Nothing earthshaking here - just got a notice that on Feb 1 there is a new book coming out called "Rolling Stones Revealed" by Jason Draper. 200 pages hardback. I can not tell if it is just rehash or something worthwhile.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Re: New Book on Stones
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 26, 2007 14:59

How 'revealing' can a book be at just 200 pages on a subject thats been written about hundreds of times already, I wonder. I'm always naturally suspicious of these dramatic-sounding titles, which often tend to be less 'revealing' than they build themselves up to be.

Thanks for the tip, though. I'll look out for it.

On amazon.co.uk I note that its co-written with music journalist Paul Du Noyer (actually the cover indicates that he merely contributed the foireword). The pair of them appear to have done a "U2 Revealed" book as well

Seems quite a large sized book going by the description (11.4 inches x 11 inches) so maybe 200 pages mightnt be too bad.

Synopsis (note the numerical discrepancy)
"The Rolling Stones have long established themselves as living legends: still touring and recording they have survived departures and illness to remain one of the world's most popular bands, always topping best band or best album ever polls. Organised by year, this brilliant new book covers all the major events in their long career, from their first signing with Decca in 1963, to their current world tour which will see them playing in front of 25 million fans."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-01-26 15:03 by Gazza.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: January 26, 2007 15:24

I agree Gazza. Unless there is invlovment by the Stones e.g I can not imagine there being much in the ways of written word. But I somehow assumed this was going to be a book of photos. That can always be a good surprise sometimes. As long as it is not the 06 tour. I am so tired of these shots of jagger in tight Tshirt with his arm in the air...and that's it.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Posted by: Jack Knife ()
Date: January 27, 2007 04:48

Now THAT should have been the cover of the last album!

Posted by: Jack Knife ()
Date: January 27, 2007 04:49

...without the old picture in the background of course!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1687
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home