Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: sort of : Iron Maidens New Tour..new songs played..why not Stones
Posted by: KCSTONES ()
Date: November 23, 2006 22:41

I just received a boot DVD from Iron Maiden Live at Naussau Colliseum in LI this past October. In addition to opening with a song from their new CD "A Matter of Life and Death"they play the entire cd..all 10 songs in order. Only then do they start playing the hits. The crowd seemed to love it. If you get a chance listen to the new CD. It deals with life, death, war and other current events..more than the usual sex, drugs and r'n'r. I know it may not be everyones cup of tea but give it a listen...its mature metal.
At least they have the balls and confidence in their new material. I wish the Stones would play more from the new cd. There are good songs on it. The whole warhorse thing starts to get old.

Re: OT: sort of : Iron Maidens New Tour..new songs played..why not Stones
Posted by: czr ()
Date: November 24, 2006 01:42

Yes!!!!!! I agree. I heard about the Maiden tour & how they're playing that album & I like that Idea. KCSTONES I don't think we are the only ones that want to hear more new tunes. I think that 50% of fans would love to hear more from Bigger Bang but the Stones will never do the whole thing cause of $$$$$$$$$$$..........oh & if they did that album thing they better do "Exile" first or there would be a serious backlash. smiling smiley
CZR

"It's Only R&R but ......I LOVE IT!"

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2006-11-24 01:47 by czr.

Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: November 24, 2006 04:29

I am so @#$%& tired with the requests everyone have from the Stones.Do this,do that.That band sings that songs,the other is doing club shows etc.Move on!If you don't like them listen to bands like Iron Maiden (who are very far away from my tastes),or better go to their concerts so as feel satisfied.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: November 24, 2006 07:03

I've see The Iron Maiden many times and when they are out on a tour promoting a new project, they perform most of it. The fans do not complain and have come to expect hearing the new material because it's actually really good. Their music have very few dead spots and their shows are high energy and a fun band to watch.

Have you seen the clips on youtube from the new Iron Maiden tour where the stage transforms into a giant Tank midsong?

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: November 24, 2006 10:51

Iron Maiden? You mean the band that's more famous for Eddie than for their sucky music? I remember them.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: November 24, 2006 11:36

Thank the lord the Stones aint the mighty Maiden!!

Posted by: Vintage Rattler ()
Date: November 25, 2006 10:59

NOT AGAINNNNNN!!!!

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 23, 2007 04:35

The majority who see the Stones own 40 Licks and expect to hear the hits. That is why the Stones didn't play a lot from A Bigger Bang. Those who go and see Iron Maiden are more likely to be reseptive to their new releases. It's as simple as that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1346
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home