Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The song Some Girls.
Posted by: rooster ()
Date: January 13, 2007 12:53

Let me tell you...last night I listened to it a dozen times...I realized how good it really is and that harp on the end is Sugar ''right''?I must say I prefer the studio version..cause the 99 vers was not dirty enough..its fun this song..and sometimes very true...so foo me the highlight from SG..is now(after all these years) Some girls!! I think this song needs a little more attention...ok have a nice weekend with some girls.

Re: The song Some Girls.
Posted by: Idiot Wind ()
Date: January 13, 2007 12:57

Your english gets better by the day rooster! What happend? And you are right, Some Girls is a great track. Jesse Jackson might not agree....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-01-13 12:59 by Idiot Wind.

Date: January 13, 2007 13:01

Well my English needs to get much better..but I understand SG totaly...and Jesse...he doesnt understand...I do!!

Posted by: keefstheman ()
Date: January 13, 2007 14:14

Some Girls is a great song, as is every song from that album. The live versions don't do it for me, tho..

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 13, 2007 14:20

Always greatful they didn't call it.......Some Boys

ROCKMAN

Date: January 13, 2007 14:27

Thats very true Keef....the live version has no danger...I miss the harp...but enough bashing...Im about to cherish this song today!!It even might be the best joke-song ever..on the other hand its damm serious...so many things i love about this tune the guitars!!It sounds so true and sharp when Jagger sings ''Give Ya a house back in Zuma Beach and give you half
of everything I owe!!""Do you remember in 99 Jagger sung White instead of black..in that famous line? I tell you I felt never offended about that line..I thought it was very funny!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-01-13 14:34 by rooster.

Date: January 13, 2007 14:37

Rockman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Always greatful they didn't call it.......Some
> Boys

Thats right Rock!! Maybe Joan Jett should do a cover!! Is there a cover by the by???

Date: January 13, 2007 14:48

I remember that back than lots of people atacked the Stones(woman lib,Jesse among others..inc the punk movement)...man this song was so nasty!!

Posted by: john r ()
Date: January 13, 2007 18:20

It has just enough edge to not be a pure 'joke' - as al;ways with the Stones...The way the parody of the verses on F.A. Eyes, which could become a simple cheap shot, are offset by their wit and the wistfulness of the chorus...With SG same thing - the anger is genuine, the lines (on the original) uncensored as Jagger though/wrote them, but with obvious irony and self-awareness...Jackson, typically, only found the black girls line to bitch about, never mind all the other half-serious stereotypes strewn throughout...

John R

Date: January 13, 2007 18:27

Yeah..and Jackson played it save..while Angela Davis was in the front line...he never even heard the song..and Sweet Black Angel he didnt heard either!!

Date: January 13, 2007 19:20

Some Girls Give Me money, Some gals buy me clothes..SG give me jewel-ry That i d never thought I d own.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: January 13, 2007 22:08

I think Some girls is one of those songs that seperates casual stones listeners from people who really appreciate their music.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: January 13, 2007 22:09

... or their shenanigans!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 13, 2007 22:11

Great song,obviously. Classic lyrics. I saw them do it live on the No Security tour,but this one where the studio version is just better. I don't know that this song really works well live. Espicially if he cleans up the lyrics. I mean where is the fun in that.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1216
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home