Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

John Mayall Bluesbreakers - Albert King and MT - I Wonder Why and Storming Monday
Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: January 7, 2007 21:46

check out Taylor's solo at 5.50 on Storming Monday with Albert King by his side

Re: John Mayall Bluesbreakers - Albert King and MT - I Wonder Why and Storming Monday
Date: January 7, 2007 21:57

with Etta James - Taylor's slide throughout is amazing

Re: John Mayall Bluesbreakers - Albert King and MT - I Wonder Why and Storming Monday
Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: January 8, 2007 12:08

This was the one where MT stopped Albert King in his tracks. Great moment. The etta James track was killer as well.

Date: January 8, 2007 12:21

yes great moment to revisit

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: January 8, 2007 12:29

And what a greaty rhythm section John McVie & Colin Allen.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 8, 2007 17:34

Saw Albert King a few times - once OPENING for Mayall/MT/Bluesbreakers in '84 - that was in unbelievable poor taste. Albert King does not OPEN for Mayall! And, not only that, Mayall played the Albert sig tune, Oh Pretty Woman, not Albert. I was appalled. Insult to injury: MT was hammered and could barely be cajoled by his bandleader to play anything....

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: January 8, 2007 17:41

StonesTod Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Saw Albert King a few times - once OPENING for
> Mayall/MT/Bluesbreakers in '84 - that was in
> unbelievable poor taste. Albert King does not OPEN
> for Mayall!

Apparently he does, by your own accounts!

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 8, 2007 17:59

no he doesn't - even if he did

Posted by: Glass Slide ()
Date: January 8, 2007 20:31

Thanks for posting that. I was at that show and remember Mick taylor was on fire.Tragically, I was too young to grasp the guests that were at that show. Someone posted this on Hot Stuff and I have listened to it incessantly since. Great show.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1674
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home