Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
My Dramatic Goodbye
Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: December 9, 2006 10:49

I was the first one to poke fun at all the dramatic goodbyes that have happened recently so feel free to call me a hypocryte. Although I have enjoyed using this forum the last few months, it has become a bit of a bore lately. It seems that people would rather just bitch and whine about all the shortcomings of the band than offer any positive contribution.

Someone posted a thread about the biggest mistake made by the Stones and the thread got loads of responses. I posted a thread a couple hours ago asking what their best decision was and got a whopping one response- this forum is way too negative and it gets to be a drag to be honest with you.

Nevertheless I wish you all well and hope the Stones stay around forever. Congrats to bv for creating such a website. Bye all.

P.S. Just a suggestion for bv; Since it is the holiday season why don't you be a good sport and give amnesty to all the banned members who wish to use the forum again. Providing they agree to abide by the rules of course. Just a suggestion bv- and congrats to you for the website.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-09 10:54 by FrankM.

Re: My Dramatic Goodbye
Posted by: skelly ()
Date: December 9, 2006 11:31

Relax Frank, people will answer your posts soon. Remember that most of Europe is just getting out of bed around now, don't expect Saturday morning to be busy with posters. Another few hours and it will start to pick up. (After lunch!)

And don't worry about the negativity. If you don't like the post that someone has made then don't respond to it, easy!

I think I've bust a button on my trousers....

Posted by: terry ()
Date: December 9, 2006 12:58

Hey frank dont go, ive always enjoyed your post. You know theres no escape, that big balloon will cum and get ya.The stones need your money,so before you go can you give the stones your bank details so, so you can make a monthly payment to them.

Posted by: [b]NicoS[/b] ()
Date: December 9, 2006 13:27

Just get out of bed, Man !!! sorry I'm to late, see ya.

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: December 9, 2006 13:45

Hey Frank, your not alone here. I have started IMO some interesting posts lately. But they drifted into no mans land quickly. Seems people want to discuss things so mind numbing like does Mick wear sneakers on stage. But there are so great posters here. So why not stick around for them. Seasons greetings to you.

Posted by: yap yap ()
Date: December 9, 2006 15:03

I don't blame you.....at all!

Pleased to meet you......

Posted by: Landover 81 ()
Date: December 9, 2006 15:39

FRANKM...Just a suggestion. Whenever you see or read a negative Topic, respond by turning it around and post that subject with a POSITIVE spin. This is probably one of the most addictive boards I have ever visited. You don't need the added stress of breaking the addiction.

Besides, noone leaves this board alive....

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: December 9, 2006 16:25

This thread is sooo boring I'm considering leaving too!

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: December 9, 2006 16:47

Yes, FrankM, there is a lot of negativity here. Yes, sometimes (not always, of course) this negativity becomes unreasonable, if not stupid and ridiculous. It bothers me too. Sometimes i try hard to elicit just a @#$%& logical argument from a negative guy. Very often, a wild goose chase. (Look, for example, at my provokations "against" melillo, on the thread "has the antipation of a Stones tour lost its feel?").

But this isn't a reason for "dramatic goodbyes", man!

Yes, i know how do you feel. My girlfriend counts herself as a Stones fan, now, at the age of 41, after having seen them live, this summer; first time in her life. So, weeks ago she took a look at some posts here and then said: "I can't believe you, guys... This negativity, this moaning for the band that, after just 2 concerts, made me "write off" U2, REM and many other favorite acts!!?? Are you feel tired of them, guys? You probably don't wake to the value of the band you supposely love, guys..."
My answer was "hey, many fans here, you know, a lot of different opinions, that's democracy". Her "comment" was ...hilarious laughter and these words: "As i see, a fan wrote that he feels disappointed since 1989, because backstage musicians aren't from ...England! Is chauvinism a part of your democracy? Also, the same guy is disappointed for the following reason: No more "Ladies and Gentlemen, the Rolling Stones" intros! Are you serious, fans?"

But, i repeat, this isn't a reason for "dramatic goodbyes"! Besides, my girlfriend must see that even here there are fans who stll think like million of "common people", out there...

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: December 9, 2006 17:00

..........how ironic........a negative thread by a poster complaining about negative threads. Go figure.

Posted by: Markdog ()
Date: December 9, 2006 17:13

Don't leave Frank then the negative people win...

Sometimes there are so many great threads it hard to get through them all....sometimes the opposite. Perhaps the board is at the bottom of the signwave, people like you will help it flow back up. BV's rules are fair and like a guest at a party have to respect the host's wishes (or start their own).

I'll start a RW/MT thread if you stay! LOL.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: December 9, 2006 17:45

Take a few days off and come on back, Frank.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: December 9, 2006 17:52

See ya next week, Frank.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 9, 2006 17:54

Ok, you are a hypocrite. If you want to go,then go. Save the drama. If you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: December 9, 2006 17:55

FrankM Wrote:
>
> I posted a thread a couple hours ago
> asking what their best decision was and got a
> whopping one response
> .
>

up to 22 responses FrankM.........patience in a fast world

Date: December 9, 2006 17:59

Leonard Keringer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> FrankM Wrote:
> .
> >
> > I posted a thread a couple hours ago
> > asking what their best decision was and got a
> > whopping one response
> > .
> >
>
>
>
> up to 22 responses
> FrankM.........patience in a fast world
And not one smart ass answer among them. All legitimate responses.

Date: December 9, 2006 18:41

"Every time I try to get out, they pull me back in."

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: December 9, 2006 19:34

HAH this is funny becasue I was the one person who answered it. You posted it on Friday Night at aroujnd 11 PM. THere were hardly any people on the board to begin with. You have to give it more time. Also when a thread starts with a negative topic, a lot of times it starts discussions that turn out talking about more posetive things. Its not just all bashing. Just take a break instead of saying your leaving all together.

Posted by: Tralala ()
Date: December 9, 2006 20:30

I find this rather pathetic! Frank - go out and see people! Talk to them. Don't rely on us for 24/7 social contact. Manu of us sleep, have jobs to go to - husbands to see to - shopping that has to be done etc etc. And dinnerparties to attend. Gotta run!

Date: December 9, 2006 20:32

Tralala Wrote:
> I find this rather pathetic! Frank - go out and
> see people! Talk to them. Don't rely on us for
> 24/7 social contact. Manu of us sleep, have jobs
> to go to - husbands to see to - shopping that has
> to be done etc etc. And dinnerparties to attend.
> Gotta run!

Wow! Can I have your life? LOL

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: December 9, 2006 20:45

Frank, I agree with a lot of what you posted. But hope you return after a vacation...

I enjoy this forum except for the "Does Mick wear sneakers" and negative, know-it all stuff and I think BV does a great job, for free to boot.

However, for me and I'm sure many others, it's all about the MUSIC (and not the sneakers and the band's private lives etc.)

The Rolling Stones have certainly enriched my listening pleasure at home and at their gigs through the years.

Posted by: Tralala ()
Date: December 9, 2006 20:47

A very ordinary life - but I like it! LOL (not to mention: We have Stones concerts to go to...)

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: December 9, 2006 20:59

Ahhhhh!!!!Hate Drama!!If its Muhammad Ali...or the last whatever.ok..but..was not you..the star off that Clinton political thread...I wont cry when Bush is gone..no tears..bah!!

Date: December 9, 2006 21:08

Here's some irony...

I'm sick of people sying what they're sick of! Don't care - don't read or post! There's tons of folks here who like to chat about all kinds of stuff.

No need to be a cranky-get-off-my-lawn-kids ol' fart about it.

Posted by: norman ()
Date: December 9, 2006 21:12

Yo Frank!
Take it easy guy; This IS a healthy and free forum.
Sure, I've been "Bummed out myself when some of my posts went nowhere.
But "Really! Public recognition (if that's what we're looking for) arrives in it's own sweet time; Best, not to yearn for it so much; You already live under the sun!
Keep on "Chooglin my friend

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: December 9, 2006 21:15

And one can read what one wants..if you are bored...go back in time..play your boots..and drift away...than you come back..and its hot again!!!Why not you go to Hot Stuff anyway!!!???Sometimes its good and easy and relaxt on Hot Stuff!!!

Date: December 9, 2006 21:20

up to 31 posts on your "best decision" thread FrankM.........now get your arse back 'ere..........this is the r'n'r mafia.......once yur in........yur in for life.........now, crank up some Rolling Tunage....and opine all ya want

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: December 9, 2006 21:47

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-09 23:47 by bv.

Date: December 9, 2006 21:50

J.J.Flash Wrote:
> ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
> ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

that's the second longest ZZZZZ i've ever seen

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: December 9, 2006 21:54

Leonard Keringer Wrote:
> J.J.Flash Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> > ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
>
>
> that's the second longest ZZZZZ i've
> ever seen

Even Zorro would be envious of that one!

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1561
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home