Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Gianna Naninni - Bello e impossibile
Posted by: Borna ()
Date: December 15, 2006 11:58

what do you think about this song? It's fantastic....

Re: Gianna Naninni - Bello e impossibile
Posted by: liddas ()
Date: December 15, 2006 13:49

Gianna is an extremely talented musician and singer, a great performer, only with a terrible taste in producing her music (she claims it was the record companies' decision).

The songs are great though. If you pick the album Perle, couple of years old, sort of Gianna's "Stripped", you will find all her "oldies" reworked for piano and voice only. Great album indeed.

C

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: December 15, 2006 15:03

Liddas, can you tell me more about her? I love that kind of stuff.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Date: December 15, 2006 16:15

Well, she is the sister of the Nannini who once was a F1 driver (the one who lost an arm in a helicopter crash, arm that was reattached in what was at the time one of the first operations of this kind)

She lives in milano, close to where I live. More than once I see her at the bar for breakfast. We even have common friends. My girlfriend knows her personally.

In any case she is a very very nice person, and, once again, a true artist and musician. I've seen her live many times. She became a sort of lesbo icon (therefore you can well imagine what kind of audience she has). She won't care, anyway, and takes "everything" form life ...

Anyway, great live performer. The Perle tour showed finally in a stripped down version, mostly her and her piano. And the songs came out beautiful and intense. How couldn't they, with Gianna's voice.

Again, her only problem, as I told her once, and I always repeat to her best friend and everyone, is that her recorded music (a part from Perle) is produced in such a bad way that it is almost impossible to hear. A pity, because it portraits only Gianna the rocker and not her soul side.

The answer was, it has to be done that way because (no offence) her best market is Germany ...

C

Date: December 15, 2006 16:38

Liddas, what kind of music does she do? Does she sing in Italian? Can you compare her voice to anyone else, just to get an idea? I should check her out on amazon.
Liddas, what do you thi8nk of After Hours? By same to ken what do you think of Gregn Dulli?

Date: December 15, 2006 18:57

Yes, she sings in Italian. On record '80 rock. You know, Ibanez, double pedal on drum, synth etc. Great ballads.

See if you can find some samples of perle. If not, I'll burn a copy for you (I am sure she won't mind ...)

Afterhours. They are very popular here. For sure a good band of capable musicians. Not too original. And not exactly my cup of tea ...

C

Posted by: JK ()
Date: December 15, 2006 19:01

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: December 15, 2006 19:16

Well, the great thing about those '80's productions is that you're instantly taken back to your school days!

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: December 15, 2006 19:41

For all of you interested in Gianna Nannini, take a listen to "Fotoromanza": classic italian '80!

Date: December 15, 2006 19:43

Liddas, about After Hours - when I listen to them on disc I totally agree with you - not my cup of tea either. But I saw them live here in USA opening for Twilight Singers (Greg Dulli) and they rocked. I am trying to figure out what the deal is with them.
Far as Gianna N. goes I will try to fing the album. Thanks.

Posted by: mariannerl ()
Date: December 15, 2006 19:59

I like her voice. "America" was the first song I listened to..... I guess end of the seventies.

Posted by: Raoul Duke ()
Date: December 15, 2006 22:12

I hadn't heard anyone even mention that song since my days as a child in Italy -must be like 20 years ago or something. Whatever the case may be, I remember it well but it sucks today as it did back then.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: December 15, 2006 22:52

Love that song..The whole Profumo CD is not bad...Don't care much for the Latin Lover CD.

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: December 16, 2006 18:51

I once took an Italian language (evening) course and the teacher asked us to bring Italian songs and to translate them together. I proposed America and she protested vehemently... Fa me amore - something like that? Was it banned in Italy, liddas? Did she play it live (by the way, did she relaese a live record)?
Her brother Alessandro is a nice person. I once did the PR for a German driver who also drove Alfa Romeo in the German/International Touring Car Championship.
Funny, that everybody mentioins her production. That was image too. Good compositions but the arrangements are somewhat too much Italian pop muzak. So, I only bought the America single and have seen her live once (sold-out Sporthalle in Cologne). Has anyone found a version of that in youtube? You will love it, folks!

Date: December 17, 2006 05:05

Is it possible to get a mp3 of one of her songs here?

Posted by: farawayeyes2 ()
Date: December 17, 2006 13:14

chelsea drugstore..i was thinking about one thing, i'm curious..is it weird to listen bands that sing in english even they're not,,i mean.. can you hear the afterhours italian accent?!

Posted by: Borna ()
Date: December 17, 2006 20:20

beautiful song

Date: December 17, 2006 23:13

ChelseaDrugstore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is it possible to get a mp3 of one of her songs
> here?

I know it is "copyrighted", but what the hell!

[www.yousendit.com]

C

Date: December 18, 2006 05:08

Yes farawayeys - one can hear the accent very strongly. And it makes me think how unneccessary it is for him to sing in English. He sounds so much better in Italian.

Date: December 18, 2006 05:13

Oh wow, Liddas, just now saw that: thank you brother.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1550
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home