Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Rough Guide to The Rolling Stones
Posted by: Mick&Keef ()
Date: September 13, 2006 19:28

Still going strong after four decades, The Rolling Stones are the ultimate rock band. The Rough Guide to The Rolling Stones explores every aspect of the music, and charts how Mick, Keith and the boys invented rock stardom.
• The Story: From the blues clubs of 60s West London to the world tours and millionaire mansions.
• The Music: 50 essential songs and the stories behind them, plus the albums, bootlegs, soundtracks and solo projects.
• The Entourage: the girlfriends, managers and musicians, from Jerry Hall and Marianne Faithfull to Andrew Loog Oldham and Nicky Hopkins.
• The Rolling Review: the movies, books and websites – all the Stones info you'll ever need.
This Rough Guide leaves no stone unturned.

www.roughguides.com/store/details.html?ProductID=648

[homepage.mac.com]

Re: The Rough Guide to The Rolling Stones
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 13, 2006 23:49

Hey fanks Mick&Keith....Rough Guide do a good job
on a lot of their publications...will track it down upon release

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: September 13, 2006 23:56

It's already released - in the UK at least. I saw it by chance here well over a month ago and bought a copy. It's quite well done.

Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: September 14, 2006 00:00

I got mine last week and I got a bit disappointed that it was no mention on the websites section to IORR. Beside that its quite OK

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 14, 2006 00:07

Ta Beast ... will find....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: September 14, 2006 00:12

Riffbuk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I got mine last week and I got a bit disappointed
> that it was no mention on the websites section to
> IORR. Beside that its quite OK

Yes - I noticed that as well and was also dismayed. Thanks for the reminder because I had meant to write to them and point out that grave omission! Maybe then they'll include it in the next edition.

Posted by: Monkeylad ()
Date: December 9, 2006 07:15

Picked up the Rough Guide yesterday and flipped through it excitedly. My eyes landed on Page 290, in the section titled "The Stones in Print & On Screen." The entry on Ladies and Gentlemen, the Rolling Stones, they state that Hal Ashby directed this movie. Of course, that is utterly wrong. Ashby directed Let's Spend the Night Together (along with Shampoo, Harold & Maude, Being There and other great films). Rollin Binzer directed Ladies and Gentlemen.

Anyone else uncover sloppy writing/research in this book? I see the prior post about the omission of IORR from the website section on Page 292.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-09 07:16 by Monkeylad.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 885
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home