Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Just A Thought And Then and Now
Posted by: headly123 ()
Date: December 8, 2006 02:01

For some reason I starting thinking about everyone battleing about when the Stones were at there Best . Some people love them Now . Some people like them back in 72. So when I came onto this site and looked at the Picture BV posted of the Stones at the bottom of the page it started me thinking. What I came up with is this. In 69 and 72 the Stones had there 5 people and a keyboard player . Maybe a couple of horns. Especially in 72. If you look at the pictire BV posted they have 13 peolle onstage to try and give you the same sound they generated years ago with less then half the people. Just something to think about when the debate rages again about when were they at there best . I think the answer is obvious. I am sure I will get smacked by half of you for saying so to. : ) On with the debate .

Re: Just A Thought And Then and Now
Posted by: headly123 ()
Date: December 8, 2006 02:02

The Topic should Be : Just a thought about then and now. Sorry for the typo

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: December 8, 2006 02:20

Stones are always the best at any given time,i should know i have been following the stones from 1968,JUMPING JACK FLASH TO BIGGER BANG.Boys know how to rock.ITS ONLY ROCK-ROLL BUT WE LIKE IT.

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: December 8, 2006 02:20

Stones are always the best at any given time,i should know i have been following the stones from 1968,JUMPING JACK FLASH TO BIGGER BANG.Boys know how to rock.ITS ONLY ROCK-ROLL BUT WE LIKE IT.

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: December 8, 2006 03:09

Well, I favor a lean sound, and I wouldn't mind if they had less support on some songs. However, as you said, they had horns and piano live in '72, and even before that they had already established their ability to use backing musicians (and of course Brian Jones) effectively in the studio.

In a way, the debate about the merits of the current lineup (with a lot of backing musicians) is just a debate about whether the band should try to approximate the studio versions. I don't think it says much about which "version" of the band is better.

Date: December 8, 2006 03:14

i've said it once - ok, i've said it more than once - but i'll say it again. the only song that actually IMPROVES thanks to the "vegas" treatment is Tumbling Dice. that song really thrives with the grandeur of the horns and backup singers . . . . other than that, "let 'em loose!"

you can't catch me!

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: December 8, 2006 05:45

I think that every time the stones have gone out on the road, they've brought a new sense of maturity to what they do, that makes me glad I'm seeing them right at that moment. Ron Wood's improved playing is one of the good things about this tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-08 05:47 by ryanpow.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1084
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home