Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Friends that bash your love for the stones.....
Posted by: keef81 ()
Date: November 19, 2006 19:12

i know a guy that said that mick uses playback all the time
he is a stupid moron,that doesn't know nothing about RS
and said they are old and wasted
i think they still rule

Re: Friends that bash your love for the stones.....
Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: November 19, 2006 19:16

I've killed them all. don't tell anyone....... I'm on wanted poster's at the post office. but they deserved it! "I'm on the run. I hear the hounds" ehehe

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: November 19, 2006 19:19

Many times i found out they secretly love them ...they.

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: November 19, 2006 19:19

wouldn't be my friends.......if they really wanna be my friend, then you know the rest.........must respect the mighty Stones........of my handful of friends.......each & every one of them understands, respects their power & importance & last but not least, know in fact, that they are the greatest

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-11-19 19:26 by Leonard Keringer.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: November 19, 2006 19:20

just shows their ignorance....confirmed by the music they listen to.

Posted by: keef81 ()
Date: November 19, 2006 19:23

sweet neo con Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> just shows their ignorance....confirmed by the
> music they listen to.

Cool post !!!!

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: November 19, 2006 19:23

Some times they like the Stones...and you go play some bootleg from 78..and they just dont understand...some girls!!

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: November 19, 2006 19:27

most of my friends like the stones, so no problem.....luckily

Posted by: musicsmyteefine ()
Date: November 19, 2006 20:11

....yeah...I figure if they don't get it , it's their problem not mine! Also, seem to be a few chronic Stones bashers on this site...gets boring to read such negative stuff from "fans"....the hell with 'em!

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: November 19, 2006 20:17

Up to now, nobody said to me any stupid things about my love for the Rolling Stones...ok, some people say that they don't like their music, but I accept that, of course.
This summer, though, some people called me crazy, just for going to more than one show but that's also ok, I've no problems with that.
If someone would call them old, wasted, ugly and so on, I would kill them like you, Marshall ;-) (for the webmaster here: this was just a little joke)

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: November 19, 2006 21:22

I work with a few losers that tend to blow their money trying to be "cool," keeping up with the Joneses, that kind of thing. It really pisses them off when I take a few days off to travel to a Stones show.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: November 19, 2006 21:37

No problem for me if a friend dislikes the Stones. To each their own...

Posted by: stonesgirl ()
Date: November 19, 2006 21:51

I am pretty young (compared to many here), so many of my friends don't know who the Stones are. I think that's worse, don't you? Some were not even born when Some Girls came out...or Tattoo You, or Undercover for that matter. I get a blank stare when they see my phone with the tongue as the wallpaper or they grab my headphones and hear the Stones on my ipod.

The only friend I have that likes them is my brother. The older people that I work with say they are washed up, etc., but I tell them I don't care. They can have their choices, and so can I.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 19, 2006 21:53

All my friends are in jail so it doesn't really matter....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: November 19, 2006 21:53

stonesgirl Wrote:
They can have their choices, and so can I.

You go girl!

Posted by: Tralala ()
Date: November 19, 2006 23:01

It happens... They just don't understand it. Some of them find it cool, though, that I travel all over the world to see the Stones. And some have asked for tickets - and have accompanied me on some trips. But the majority of them... I just know it's better NOT to mention the Stones. At my house, though, it's unnatural not to talk about them, as the walls are covered with Stones memorabilia/paintings/photos, and since the only music they're gonna hear at my house is... Well - guess! But when I travel I meet friends from all over the world, and that makes up for everything.

Date: November 19, 2006 23:21

Well, I just give it right back to 'em and tease them for following the Back Street Boys & Boyz 2 Men all around the world...

Posted by: cali stones fan ()
Date: November 20, 2006 12:48

What bothers me is when I see people at my college wearing Stones shirts that they got at walmart or someplace like that, and have never been to a concert! Ask them what their favorite song is and they can't tell you. It almsots makes me embarasedto wear my Stones shirts because I might be put into that catagory by others, but only almost.
And for my friends, if they don't like them that's ok, they are entitled to their opinions. And they all know better than to bash them, at least in front of me.

Posted by: keefed ()
Date: November 20, 2006 12:54

well, they are not friends any more...smiling smiley

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: November 20, 2006 14:10

Rockman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> All my friends are in jail so it doesn't really
> matter....

All mine are dead so its just the same..
Well, I have a friend, just recall... But he lurvs the Stones!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 20, 2006 14:20

Guess I shoulda been a lil' more specific, really
meant all the female friends who have tried to poison me........

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: November 20, 2006 14:24

Personally I prefer poisinin' myself.
Just got tremendously amazingly hi by too much fresh air...
Took a looong, nice walk... I passed our prison,
which, curiously 'nuff, is placed almost in mid-city(=town) centre...

Posted by: LQ1977 ()
Date: November 20, 2006 14:50

Most people I know probably just think I am mad due to my Stones-mania...but some of my friends understand me. One of them has become a fan herself, and has now seen them twice. She impresses me continously with her knowledge and keeps on buying albums. And another friend went with me to see them in Bergen, so I think she is a bit smitten also. But the rest...they dont get it and I dont think they ever will. Oh well, their loss! At least I have 5 or 6 friends and relatives (including my cool rocking parents) who dig them as well. And of course all you Stones fans out there. :-) Thanks to the Net I have met many Stones friends from all over the world the last 10 years, that saved me from a beginning insanity thinking I was the only one out there liking them.

I have heard many times that people say "Oh, is THAT the Stones?!" when hearing a song on the radio (or me putting one on the stereo, hehe) and they like it. So basically, most of the time I think it is only ignorance that makes people (at least the younger generation) bash the Stones. They have hardly heard a song of them (or so they thought!) and think of them only as they are now. Seeing the Stones in concert is of course a much more spectacular thing than just looking at them pictured in the paper - making people say "what a bunch of old geezers" etc - or hearing Angie on the radio... I bet that they would change their minds if they saw the Stones in concert. Would blow their minds!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Literally 965 kilometers from being "Born in an Arctic zone".

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: November 20, 2006 14:51

None of my friends would DARE bash my band! I tend to get a look in my eyes that warns them that they are on SACRED GROUND, TREAD LIGHTLY or risk bodily harm.

Posted by: whiskey ()
Date: November 20, 2006 15:57

No problem here, I dont have any friends, havent got time for them, too busy listening to the Stones.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: November 20, 2006 16:00

Got one friend who really hates it. And I hate what he hears, though we agree on things like Tom Waits, Nirvana and The White Stripes. There's more to life than Stones though, and there's no reason that you can't be friends with a person who doesn't like it.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: drummer_dude ()
Date: November 20, 2006 16:09

I am just happy and glad to be a Rolling Stones Fan. I got into the Stones when they released Emotional Rescue BIG time.(1980) So I have been a fan for quite awhile now. I love it to. They are my band. I have all their records and CD's. They just rule is all no matter what people say. You fans out there are awesome to, nice seeing all of your posts.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: November 20, 2006 17:45

Most of my friends do but hey, it's a free world. I respect their choices, they respect mine.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: November 20, 2006 17:51

I GET IT FROM EVERY ANGLE !!

But they all respect my choices .

Date: November 20, 2006 18:00

BUT...the NEXT time they call them the Rolling Raisins...I'll, I'll, I'll......GET SOOOOO MAD!
lol
;-)

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1515
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home