Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Slipping Away - Monitor Mixes
Posted by: humanriff77 ()
Date: November 10, 2006 20:39

Is that @#$%& beautiful or what?

Re: Slipping Away - Monitor Mixes
Posted by: it's_all_wrong ()
Date: November 10, 2006 23:57

I think it sounds exactly the same as the released version, only with incomplete lyrics. But Slipping Away is a great song.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 11, 2006 00:04

Yes, this is one of the Outtakes 89 songs, where released version is better.

Posted by: Tralala ()
Date: November 11, 2006 00:33

But he has probably done better versions this summer and autumn... The man sings amazingly beautiful these days. Yes, a fantastic song. It moves me - every time - brings tears to my eyes.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 11, 2006 00:36

Oh yea it's been one of the highlights at the shows I saw too.

Posted by: Tralala ()
Date: November 11, 2006 00:51

I just don't understand how he just suddenly started to sing SO F''''ING great?! Are there any theories on this? OK, I've always loved his singing, but it's had more soul and peraonality than actual ..beauty. But now... Wow! He just blows my mind every time he opens his mouth - to sing or speak.

Posted by: Pokalheld ()
Date: November 11, 2006 01:09

Suddenly? I think his singing is a permenant process. And it has improved heavily in 1988 with his solo tour.

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: November 11, 2006 01:33

Keith has the best singer in the band to follow,keith is brilliant singer too,
cannot understand what he says but when it comes singing just brilliant.kish

Posted by: Turning To Gold ()
Date: November 11, 2006 01:45

My own theory about the recent improved singing in concerts is that, since the coconut-inspired brush with hospitals, he is perhaps smoking a bit less, and hence singing better. I am quite certain that rock star or not, while he was recuperating from his surgery he couldn't smoke cigarettes as much as he usually does, and that there were probably at least one or two doctors there who gave him the lecture and told him "we love you Keith, but we don't want to see you back here in the hospital again, you gotta cut down on the ciggies and slow down" -- so consciously or not, it's quite likely he did cut back on the smokes, or get a rest from them by not smoking for a while...I don't know, it's just a hunch of mine. He was around a bunch of doctors and he did have a pretty bad scare, after all.

Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: November 11, 2006 07:03

cigarette smoking doesnt always affect ones singing voice, dione warwick and aretha franklin were both chain smokers for example

Keith just has a little more confidence these days , -- it was probably cocaine that roughed his voice in the early 80s.

OLDKR

Posted by: largelingerie ()
Date: November 11, 2006 08:26

Imagine being a doctor and telling Keith ANYTHING! It would be like telling Keith Richards to cut down on something or..."Get healthy Keith; cut back on the cholesterol and increase your fiber intake!" Serious guitar bash to the head.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1731
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home