Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
PLAY MORE ABB SONGS!
Posted by: lucasvm ()
Date: November 8, 2006 06:32

I think the Stones should play more ABB songs!, i love songs like "Biggest Mistake", great ballad!!!!, it should be played instead Streets Of Love, and Wont Take Long must come back instead Rough Justice, and Let Me Down Slow, Laugh I Nearly Dead MUST BE PLAYED!, also Driving Too Fast is a great rocker, come on STONES!, its one of the best rock n roll albums in the last 10 years, PLAY IT!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-11-08 06:32 by lucasvm.

Re: PLAY MORE ABB SONGS!
Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: November 8, 2006 06:56

.. count my vote......

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: November 8, 2006 07:07

...........under the radar.........I suppose one can hope......

Posted by: musicsmyteefine ()
Date: November 8, 2006 07:25

Love Driving Too Fast, Look what the Cat Dragged In, It Won't Take Long, Rain Fall Down...all of which would be fantastic to hear live....c'mon guys whaddya say?!

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: November 8, 2006 07:34

YES YES YES! Couldnt agree with you more. Any or all of the above mentioned songs should come back!

Bigger Bang Tour?

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: November 8, 2006 07:55

She Saw Me Coming--Dodger Stadium--PLEASE!

Posted by: RollingStoner ()
Date: November 8, 2006 08:15

PLEASE PLAY SHE SAW ME COMING!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 8, 2006 08:29

At this point, I am more of the view that if they play at all, we're ahead of the game.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: November 8, 2006 10:51

Sign me up.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: November 8, 2006 11:06

Count me in on more ABB songs, but close this thread as it is the most tired discussion on here. The Bigger Bang Tour still rocks.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 8, 2006 14:21

It's too late. The tour will be over in 2 weeks.

Posted by: Hanns Rainsch ()
Date: November 8, 2006 14:25

I think it wouldn't kill either the fans or the band to play songs like "She Saw Me Coming", "Driving Too Fast", "Let Me Down Slow" or "Laugh I Nearly Died".
But after the Beacon shows, where I hoped to find them trying out something off the new album, I don't think they care about ABB anymore.
Also, as Erik_Snow said, the tour will be over in two weeks.

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: November 8, 2006 14:35

My choice for best songs from the ABB record are:
-Driving Too Fast
-She Saw Me Coming
-Let Me Down Slow
-Rough Justice
-Infamy
-Biggest Mistake

You know which of these haven't been played so far and that they deserve to to promote the record.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 8, 2006 17:50

ain't a-gonna happen. i can guarantee you that 99% of the crowd in Oakland the other night didn't even notice the almost complete absence of ABB songs.

Posted by: livewithme ()
Date: November 8, 2006 18:20

I think we can see by recent set lists that ABB has been just about completely put on the shelf. Not that they ever really gave it much of a chance. It has long been a joke that this is called the Bigger Bang tour - maybe they just like the name. But you would think they would have to some up with a different name for Europe in '07.
Maybe it could be like She Was Hot were they pull out one of these in 20+ years and discover it works pretty good live? I don't think sooooo!

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: November 8, 2006 18:47

They won't make ABB debuts in the last 5-6 shows, no sense at all. The last live debut (SOL) was in July.
Probably they won't play songs from ABB again, maybe SOL next year.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: November 8, 2006 18:54

Well..I understand you..I like ABB to...but ABB exploded...its over for ABB..they wanna forget that album...from start to finish they didnt support it ...they like SOL...and Rough..but they dont believe in this album its a fact...To believe in Abb is like believe in in god...after a year...from Stones point of view...but I still like it so much...but it over and out....so long.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-11-08 19:01 by rooster.

Posted by: lucasvm ()
Date: November 8, 2006 19:06

lets hope some live debuts on next year!!! in europe.

Date: November 8, 2006 19:08

lucasvm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think the Stones should play more ABB songs!, i
> love songs like "Biggest Mistake", great
> ballad!!!!, it should be played instead Streets Of
> Love, and Wont Take Long must come back instead
> Rough Justice, and Let Me Down Slow, Laugh I
> Nearly Dead MUST BE PLAYED!, also Driving Too Fast
> is a great rocker, come on STONES!, its one of the
> best rock n roll albums in the last 10 years, PLAY
> IT!

Yeah, it seems the A Bigger Bang Tour has been turned into The Farewell Tour. But to be honest I would hate it to miss She Was Hot & Dead Flowers at my only concert this fall taken place in a two weeks time (LA).

www.rollingstonesarchive.com

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: November 8, 2006 19:32

I also would love to hear some new stuff, like "Look What The Cat Dragged In" or "Driving To Fast". Though, I guess that all these, not yet performed songs never will be played live, just like all the great stuff from the 90ies: Gunface, Mean Disposition, Too Tight...

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: November 8, 2006 22:48

Look what the cat dragged in would be great to hear, I love back of my hand, and Laugh i nearly died would be awesome! I would be pleased to hear anything from abb with the exception of neocon.

Posted by: maine road ()
Date: November 8, 2006 23:18

You would have thought they would have wanted to play the new songs because it must get tedious for them (though I could be wrong) playing songs that are at least 20 years old which they could probaly play backwards in their sleep.

It would have been far more of an achievment to succesfully tour playing songs off ABB.

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: November 8, 2006 23:25

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-29 08:45 by cirrhosis.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: November 9, 2006 02:04

I/m going to Atlantic City ( again ) . I'd love to hear "Biggest Mistake " . I'm sure we can all relate to that one on one stage or another .

On the other end of the spectrum would also like to hear "Under The Boardwalk "

Posted by: James Lynn ()
Date: November 9, 2006 02:18

Yes especially Let Me down Slow & Laugh I nearly Died. Dangerous Beauty, Biggest Mistake. These 4 for me foget Look What Cat & Especially forget She Saw Me Coming. Alright we all want different ABB tunes. So anything ABB NEw Is good I think MEZ

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: November 9, 2006 05:45

Biggest disappointment of the tour is how the gave up on playing ABB songs.

Hardly a vote of confidence in their own material.

And they really should have done some at the Beacon for the movie. Just to have a "Rolling Stones 2006" angle.

When I saw CSNY last summer they did almost all of the songs on Young's new album.

I saw Dylan a few weeks ago, and he did four songs from his new album and a couple from the one before that.

And in both cases people liked it.

It's basically the same audience ...with a much more open mind than the Stones give us credit for.

Posted by: Keith The Beast ()
Date: November 9, 2006 05:57

I agree 100%. Playing just one or two songs from the new album you are touring behind is not cool. Rough Justice, Oh No, Not You Again, Rain Fall Down, Streets Of Love and This Place Is Empty (alternated with Infamy) should be played EVERY night. I don't understand it, this album has recieved better reviews by fans and critics on terms of quality than their last 3 albums of original songs, not to mention that it's packed with 16 songs (a huge number) and yet they play so little of it.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: November 9, 2006 06:32

Tonight they did two tunes suddenly...so the only way is up.

Posted by: bigbang ()
Date: November 9, 2006 06:58

The album is now over a year old, so it's old. Who cares whether they play anything off it. Since L.A. will be my last Stones concert ever (I predict) I want to hear them tear up the classics, with a few surprises hopefully, one more time.

Date: November 9, 2006 09:08

rooster Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tonight they did two tunes suddenly...so the only
> way is up.

and set-list quality is down . . . ONNYA!

you can't catch me!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1888
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home