Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

i know i asked this already but
Posted by: artinis1 ()
Date: November 2, 2006 23:48

from nick,

the last waltz also has a soundtrack cd with a lot of songs that were not in the movie, couldn't the stones do this with the 2 beacon shows, instead of a live cd from the bigger bang shows, release rio and austin and some bonus songs on a 2 dvd set, and then later, release the beacon movie with a kick ass soundtrack featuring all the rare unreleased live songs from those shows with some of the war horses or course, does this sound possible

Re: i know i asked this already but
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 3, 2006 00:25

Yes, that sounds like a very good idea. I'm sure Martin won't use all songs in his movie, so it would be a waste if they didn't release a complete soundtrack.
We should write about it to Chuck Leavell...he calls the shots.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 3, 2006 00:47

i would like to think so - but, i wouldn't hold my breath. for the most part, i thought they cherry-picked the right songs for inclusion in the LW movie...hope that's the case here, as well, lest we get nothing but another movie featuring the same warhorses....

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: November 3, 2006 00:49

StonesTod Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i would like to think so - but, i wouldn't hold my
> breath. for the most part, i thought they
> cherry-picked the right songs for inclusion in the
> LW movie...hope that's the case here, as well,
> lest we get nothing but another movie featuring
> the same warhorses....

they may pander to a wider audience with the horsies

Date: November 3, 2006 00:54

wouldn't that just be the shits? you get all these very cool song choices in the shows and you get horsies in the movie?

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: November 3, 2006 00:56

StonesTod Wrote:
> wouldn't that just be the shits? you get all
> these very cool song choices in the shows and you
> get horsies in the movie?

well, if Scorcese's as big a Stones fan as he seems, maybe he'll throw in the goodies that the hard-cores want

Date: November 3, 2006 00:59

goodies from the director of goodfellas....i'll buy that.....

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: November 3, 2006 03:08

thought they would do gimme shelter at the beacon, happens to be scorceses
favorite

Posted by: dougie ()
Date: November 3, 2006 04:02

Most of the music at the Last Waltz was done in a studio. They had a major problem with the sound- they had to get peoples bootlegs to fill it in. Also, they did a great deal of the music in the studio and dubbed over the film music. I was at the Last Waltz, and they missed so much of the great music after the Band went off, and before they came out for the final 'Don't do it'.They brought Clapton out in a chair to play in the jam late in the evening. Neil was really buzzed and was all over Joni Mitchell.

But the best thing about the show, was The Band- I saw them 6 or 7 times with Robbie Robertson, and that was by far the best show I saw them perform!

Dylan brought smoked salmon for all of the fans for the Thanksgiving Feast. A symphony played while we ate dinner. Quite a night. I remember the show cost something like $37, and that was outrageous!!! That is why most of my friends didn't go. (the Dead and Stones were something like $5 then).

Date: November 3, 2006 06:45

StonesTod Wrote:
> goodies from the director of goodfellas....i'll
> buy that.....

i know a cornfield where we can put marty if he doesn't . . .

you can't catch me!

Posted by: Monkeylad ()
Date: November 3, 2006 06:52

There is also at least one bootleg of The Last Waltz that includes songs that were not in the film or on the official CD. And one song in the film, a beautiful version of The Weight with the Band and the Staple Singers, was not part of the concert but filmed in a studio. And there are interviews throughout the film, too, members of the Band reminiscing.

So if the Beacon film is even half as good as The Last Waltz, I'll be thrilled.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: November 3, 2006 07:33

dougie Wrote:

> Neil was really buzzed and
> was all over Joni Mitchell.

When the film came out somebody told me that they had to optically remove (very expensive in the pre-digital age) the white powder around Neil's nostrils!

Posted by: magenta ()
Date: November 3, 2006 07:49

Wow I was at the Last Waltz and I only paid 25 bucks. The salmon was supplied by a friend of Dylan's. I remember that everyone got to do two songs and I mainly went to see Muddy Waters. I even went back to Miyako hotel to get Muddy's autograph but he had already retired. The jam at the end of the night was kind of meandering. I do remember that Van the Man stole the show. it was a great show.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1086
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home