Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Where is the Toronto show?
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 1, 2006 06:24

Since they played only one show on Sept. 26 2005 in Toronto no other shows have been added. The largest city in Canada and they avoid it like the plague.

How can you avoid the one of the largest cities in North America? I have seen them in Toronto many times as they used to always play there early in the tour and at the end as well.

They host them for the rehearsals and warm up club show, you would think that another visit would be a given. Very disappointing, especially for Buffalo fans.

Re: Where is the Toronto show?
Posted by: gbiz ()
Date: November 1, 2006 07:20

considering also how much they love the town to we only get one show.. the club warm up show doesnt count in my opinion either. i mean regina got two shows...boston got what 5? new york 6? and 3 of them are club shows. i understand that toronto got more shows then most of the countries in europe but i mean if you like a town play it if not rehearse in NYC or boston or chicago.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 1, 2006 11:09

The main reason the Stones rehearse in Toronto is because Cohl is from Toronto and because of various tax laws, it's more beneficial for them to rehearse outside of the US (not sure of all the legalities involved but I think it also has something to do with length of work visas, etc). If Michael Cohl was from Montreal, you can bet the Stones would have done all their rehearsing there instead.
I'm sure Cohl himself realizes that the Stones have oversaturated the Toronto market over the last several years and that if they returned, Rogers Center would probably have lots of empty seats like they just saw in Chicago and will see in LA.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 2, 2006 03:41

That's why the Air Canada Centre is directly across from the Rogers. You could always count on a few shows in Toronto, at least I did. I makes no sense to me.

Posted by: gbiz ()
Date: November 2, 2006 06:26

DGA35 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The main reason the Stones rehearse in Toronto is
> because Cohl is from Toronto and because of
> various tax laws, it's more beneficial for them to
> rehearse outside of the US (not sure of all the
> legalities involved but I think it also has
> something to do with length of work visas, etc).
> If Michael Cohl was from Montreal, you can bet the
> Stones would have done all their rehearsing there
> instead.
> I'm sure Cohl himself realizes that the Stones
> have oversaturated the Toronto market over the
> last several years and that if they returned,
> Rogers Center would probably have lots of empty
> seats like they just saw in Chicago and will see
> in LA.

well considering that boston has no where the population that toronto has i dont see how you can say they have oversaturated the market with one show on this tour? the rogers center was sold out on this tour. if ever a market was not appreciated and respected it is toronto...chicago, new york and boston are treated like thier stuff dont stink but toronto is the red headed step child..

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: November 2, 2006 06:30

Should we sue?
As the red-headed stepchild we might be able to get child support.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1762
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home