Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

MY IDEA OF A GREAT SHOW TO COME...HOW 'BOUT YOU?
Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: October 15, 2006 18:47

Very interesting to read about the National Georgraphic video. And I'm eager to see this!

However, I still dream of a show or two that has only Charlie, Mick, Keith, Ronnie and Darryl on stage. Some good lighting, video monitor but no massive sets and "effects." In other words "Stripped." I'd settle for a segment of four or five songs.

How do all of you feel about this -- pro and con?

Re: MY IDEA OF A GREAT SHOW TO COME...HOW 'BOUT YOU?
Posted by: Tralala ()
Date: October 15, 2006 18:51

I just love the brass! I love Lisa, Bernard and Blondies back up vocals. I like chuck's keyboardplaying... The 5 of them - well - just love the guys - but some back up is fine.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: October 15, 2006 20:17

sorry, forgot to throw in keyboards!

I believe there are others here who can affirm how thrilling and powerful The Stones' music and rhythms were in the Sixties with only a basic set-up. Mick's harmonica, Stu and/or Nicky Hopkins piano etc.

"Not Fade Away," "Midnight Rambler" and a bunch of great blues songs were as good as anything we had EVER heard then.

I'm not knocking the great production of stadium shows but these "intimate" gigs were completely amazing and memorable.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 15, 2006 21:34

In all honesty, I dont think theyre physically up to doing full length shows anymore without the support of extra musicians. Whilst the idea of such 'stripped down' shows is attractive, its pretty unrealistic at this point, unfortunately

I did enjoy the Juilliard performance, though - which featured only the four Stones plus Darryl. Best version I've heard of "Brown Sugar" that I can remember in the last thirty years (and like the shows from that era, it didnt even have a sax)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1397
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home