Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Your 2006 Boot Collection?
Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: September 22, 2006 00:41

Not being able to go to the Louisville show, I'm still pretty happy with the shows I've collected so far.

Courtesy of the kind folks on the Hot Stuff forum, I've got these three:

1. Rio video Feb 18
2. Tokyo March 22
3. Glasgow August 25

A nice variety of songs in these three, and all are good to excellent performances, in different perspectives -- Tokyo is that infamous "Mick monitor mix", Glasgow just sounds great and Rio of course is the webcast.

Here's to hoping that the fall US jaunt will produce another quality boot, as a soundboard of the revamped setlist will be eagerly sought after.

If and when we get official DVD(s) of the 2006 tour, I'll buy it the day it's released. I did that for Four Flicks, and it was the best $30 I ever spent.

Re: Your 2006 Boot Collection?
Posted by: donnywas ()
Date: September 22, 2006 00:47

Add Tokyo 23rd and 24th of March, both released on Dogs n Cats records in great Soundboard quality. Great setlists, stellar performances...

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: September 22, 2006 00:49

glasgow blows 'em all outta the water, soundwise, imo. best sounding stones recording in a many a moon....

Posted by: PiotrRSpl ()
Date: September 22, 2006 00:51

donnywas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Add Tokyo 23rd and 24th of March, both released on
> Dogs n Cats records in great Soundboard quality.
> Great setlists, stellar performances...

damn - where am I living, how the heck I didn't hear about it.
Is it available on torrent? I'd take a look.

and Tokyo 22nd march - Mick's monitor mix - how does it sounds like (monitor mixes recordings are strange sometimes).

and the soundcheck recording from 22nd March 2006 in Tokyo Dome, it's also from monitor, I think...well it's weird recording. might be soundboard actually but recorded during soundcheck where they were checking this and that (in She's So Cold in one point there's Blondie's acoustic guitar playing up front, than it's going abck to the background mix).

damn I gotta get them !!!

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: September 22, 2006 00:55

The monitor mix sounds very good, but it has no bass. For me, that changes the whole chemistry and I do not actually listen to those recordings...

Posted by: donnywas ()
Date: September 22, 2006 01:04

PiotrRSpl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> damn - where am I living, how the heck I didn't
> hear about it.
> Is it available on torrent? I'd take a look.
>
> and Tokyo 22nd march - Mick's monitor mix - how
> does it sounds like (monitor mixes recordings are
> strange sometimes).
>
> and the soundcheck recording from 22nd March 2006
> in Tokyo Dome, it's also from monitor, I
> think...well it's weird recording. might be
> soundboard actually but recorded during soundcheck
> where they were checking this and that (in She's
> So Cold in one point there's Blondie's acoustic
> guitar playing up front, than it's going abck to
> the background mix).
>
> damn I gotta get them !!!

Actually the whole JAPAN TOUR 2006 was released on DAC (12 disc special edition, if I am not totally wrong...) in SOUNDBOARD quality...

Posted by: PiotrRSpl ()
Date: September 22, 2006 01:09

seems like I missed something
but I tracked them on dime smiling smiley!

and there's Nice 2006 recording up on dime - sample sounds mighty fine !

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 22, 2006 03:41

its surprising to me how many shows from this tour - even with this being the first "Bit torrent" era Stones tour - have NOT circulated as yet.

By the end of the European tour theyd played something like 95 shows on this tour. I would have normally expected about 85 of that lot to be in general circulation by now, with pretty much all the rest close to being distributed (with the possible exceptions of the ones in the more 'out of the way' places)

Even the US leg of the tour has several shows that dont seem to be doing the rounds yet - Quite incredible considering these shows take place in front of anything between 15 and 60,000 people. It would suggest a lot of the hardcore tapers and collectors down the years have been less interested this tour, or else they dont feel the cost of tickets is worthwhile or something.

Its quite strange as someone who collects every Stones, Dylan or Springsteen show to see the difference because pretty much all of their shows - taking place in much smaller venues - are available for download usually within a day or two.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1410
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home