Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Chuck's piano last nite: like Schroeder in Charlie Brown
Posted by: highanddry ()
Date: September 21, 2006 15:34

Paint It Black as the tour opener in Boston last night! It was a sweet moment. And overall, a very good show.

But during PIB, the sound mix was awful, though. We couldn't hear ANY guitars, just drums/bass and Chuck's piano, and Mick's voice crystal clear and absurdly loud above all else in the mix.

And somehow I have to get a bootleg of this show, if only to hear Chuck's piano "clam" on PIB. At one point, Chuck started plinking very amateurish one-note punctuations.

Remember the "Charlie Brown Christmas Special" cartoon where Lucy is trying to flirt with Schroeder, who is playing his toy piano?

Remember when Schroeder grew tired of Lucy's song requests and "plinked" Jingle Bells?

That's what Chuck sounded like on PIB last nite, his playing naked to the world. It also made me think of the infamous boot of the late Linda McCartney, caught caterwauling along as a background singer behind Paul on "Hey Jude"....

It made me laugh out loud. And it made me very very VERY glad that I will never hear Chuck massacre Flight 505.

R.I.P., Ian Stewart.

Re: Chuck's piano last nite: like Schroeder in Charlie Brown
Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: September 21, 2006 18:04

Odd. He's been much lower in the mix at most of the shows I have been to, and I get the impression that he has toned down his playing (compare some of the boots from the Steel Wheels and Babylon tours).

Posted by: Tops ()
Date: September 21, 2006 18:26

Another Chuckbashing thread........

Without Chuck no Stones. And thats actually the truth.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: September 21, 2006 18:28

Ah - it seems like we've had a sabbatical from Chuckbashing - it does seem overdo, doesn't it? carry on....

Posted by: highanddry ()
Date: September 21, 2006 18:29

drbryant Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Odd. He's been much lower in the mix at most of
> the shows I have been to, and I get the impression
> that he has toned down his playing (compare some
> of the boots from the Steel Wheels and Babylon
> tours).

Odd, yes, but clearly just a mistake, since no guitars were audible in the section I was in, which was 141, end zone, just to the right of center stage.

A couple of songs in, somebody realized the mistake, and the guitars were dialed in very very quickly, burying Chuck in the mix.

Posted by: RnT ()
Date: September 21, 2006 18:30

Chuck playing one-note punctuations means he leaves more room for the guitars, which is great. You can't blame Chuck for the lack of guitars in the mix in the beginning of the show.

Posted by: yap yap ()
Date: September 21, 2006 21:09

Schroeder rocks!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2014
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home